hf1

Small newborn leaking!

My avatar
Stephkidd89
Clothie
Clothie

Small newborn leaking!

Postby Stephkidd89 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:07 pm

Hello, Im wondering if some of you more experienced cloth mamas have any advice. I had my little girl a week ago today, she's quite small-came out 6lb 3 and dropped to 5lb 11 but is slowly creeping back up now. She is long and skinny like us and im wondering if that is our problem at the moment or if it's something else! We have a mix of lil joeys (the best fit on her) and teenyfits..I also got some BG newborns but they're too big still. Now that she is feeding really well she's obviously peeing and pooping a lot more, she has been leaking out of the legs the last couple of days both wee and poo - is it because they're not tight enough on her legs / not absorbant enough without additional boosters / just need to change more (changing every 3 hours ish) it seems to be worst when she has rolled onto her side (even when freshly changed) which is making me think it's more her legs needing to chunk up/her a tighter fit round them? Any tips for the mean time as I'm really reluctant to go buy her disposables. I've ordered 10 little lamb bamboo boosters for nights/padding them out but they probably won't arrive until weds.

Thanks in advance!
Steph & Florence x

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Small newborn leaking!

Postby cuppachaplz » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:35 pm

Muslins with nippas with a wrap over are still the best containment for percy spider-legs!

Would love to hear if you pockets that work as DH can't work nappy nippas :giggle:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Aww, love the name Florence :-) if I'd had another girl I would have had a Florence!

I don't know lil joeys, are they pockets ? I'd definitely try a two part system. We used little lambs for new born stage but my boys were 9/10lbs so easily fitted them!! I'd try muslins with a wool soaker or nature babies small wrap.

@clothmama has probably just graduated from smaller too might have more ideas

My avatar
Stephkidd89
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Stephkidd89 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:31 pm

cuppachaplz wrote:Muslins with nippas with a wrap over are still the best containment for percy spider-legs!

Would love to hear if you pockets that work as DH can't work nappy nippas :giggle:

Thanks I may have to get some nippas, only worry with that is it took the all in ones to convince my fiance to give cloth a go..can't see him folding and using wraps :/ in fact even I wouldn't know where to begin to be honest haha x

My avatar
Stephkidd89
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Stephkidd89 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:34 pm

ems101 wrote:Aww, love the name Florence :-) if I'd had another girl I would have had a Florence!

I don't know lil joeys, are they pockets ? I'd definitely try a two part system. We used little lambs for new born stage but my boys were 9/10lbs so easily fitted them!! I'd try muslins with a wool soaker or nature babies small wrap.

@clothmama has probably just graduated from smaller too might have more ideas

Thank you, I fall more in love with both her and her name each day, real old lady name Florence Pearl!
lol joeys are a perm/newborn all in one. They definitely fit best of all the ones we have but still see gaps round the legs when she curls up!
The only two parts I currently have are way way too big, was given a load of tots bots I think they are and little lambs by a local cloth library to try, but they would literally reach her armpits I think! Hoping she chunks up a bit soon if that is the problem! X

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:11 am

I was a fan of Bimbles with a nippa and a wrap or ME Sandies with a wrap.

If you show them how to do a nappy, they are fine. We used nippa's on both our boys and hubby was better at putting on a Bimble or Bumble nippa'd nappy than the poppered or velcro ones.

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:56 am

Smaller two parters are great for newborns. In fact that's still mostly what I use, my lo is 5 months and I still get leaks with my pockets and aios whereas my two parters are consistently reliable. When she was teeny we used sandy's, diddy diapers and kissaluvs with airflow, rikkis, nature babies and tots bots wraps over the top. They were all great. I actually have 2 velcro fastening diddy diapers and a motherease airflow wrap for sale which could be good if you're interested. They're dead easy to use, I'm sure your OH will get the hang of it :giggle: Do you use liners? I have some fleece liners free for postage as well which fit nicely in the diddy diapers. Ok, enough advertising my classifieds :giggle:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:32 am

Diddy diapers, those were the ones we used before little lambs. Very cute and work well but far too small for my giant babies ;-)

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:11 am

Yeah, they certainly are a lot smaller than ll! My lo was 7lb13 when she was born and she got a good 2 and a bit months out of them though. It was the kissa that lasted only a month, that one was tiny.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat