I think its time....

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

I think its time....

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:48 am

I went on the Wagon!! :cry:

Having done a lot of spree spending over the past 2 months, resulting in enough pocket nappies to keep DD in them for a week without washing (not to mention the 4 drawers of fitteds and wraps that we dont really use apart from under wool.... :oops: ) i think its time i stopped buying nappies! i will continue knitting woollies as it keeps me sane (ish) and might buy the odd woolly for a special occasion gift ... but i told everyone i was using cloth for the "money savings" as well as environment etc and if i was brave enough to count up what ive spent in the past 2 years i might have to owe Pampers an apology (well, not really but ykwim!!)

I have just ordered a night notion and penguin nappy (gotta love penguins!) and i think they'll have to be my last. there really is no need to buy anymore, and if DP knew how many we actually had - he doesnt have a clue :hohoho: - he'd go accross to the army surplus shop and buy enough miliatry memorabila to rival my nappy collection.

and then we'd have nowhere to sit down... :?

so, any tips on how to stay on the wagon??

Gayle xx

My avatar
Emma S
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: I think its time....

Postby Emma S » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:49 am

no tips here.
I managed a few months of it and then fell off badly...... :oops:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:56 am

gayleygoo wrote:so, any tips on how to stay on the wagon??
Gayle xx

Erm, no. I am sooooo bad at staying on the wagon. I manage for a few months, then get bored and sell some to fund my latest find. I'd be interested to see if there is a way to stay on it long term :hohoho:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:15 pm

When you feel the need to buy, sell something you arent using and use the funds to buy with - that way you are still getting nice new fluff but its not costing you anything and you are decluttering at the same time - win win win all around :mrgreen:

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:45 pm

eviesmummy wrote:When you feel the need to buy, sell something you arent using and use the funds to buy with - that way you are still getting nice new fluff but its not costing you anything and you are decluttering at the same time - win win win all around :mrgreen:

Yep yep

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat