hf1

please help - best pocket nappy inserts???

My avatar
devonhilly
Clothie
Clothie

please help - best pocket nappy inserts???

Postby devonhilly » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:37 pm

Hiya everyone

I'm thinking of stocking inserts for my pocket nappies on my website and was wondering if you could all advise me of which ones you think are the best?

Firstly fabric - bamboo, microterry, hemp or a combination?

Secondly, any particular makes you think are really good (or really bad for that matter!) and why?

many thanks for all your help!

hilary
http://www.pocket-bots.com

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:15 pm

as i've said before i really like the hemp babies bigger and little weeds, but i was dicussing on BC and Puddlepants Annie is considering making aversion of them with one layer hemp and the other bamboo which would be my absolute ideal as am trying to avoid microfibre at the mo due to Boos overly sensetive arse!
otherwise i use bamboo terrys pad folded or cooton babies microfibre inserts with a hemp booster under.
hth
shevi

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:19 pm

I mainly use Fuzzi inserts but used others in yours too, i have a real mixture, half of the inserts i can't remember are what! :lol: I think it would be a great idea for you to stock inserts too Hilary :D

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:24 pm

I love HH stuffins and their microfibre inserts or the fuzzi mf inserts. Think they dd very well in a survey on absorbency thats on here somewhere.

Ericax

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:29 pm

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:36 pm

I like hemp for pockets - the Blueberry ones have a hemp / microfibre combo which I think Karen has ordered and sound like a fab idea. Hopefully Karen can give us a review soon.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:58 pm

Charliemum wrote:I like hemp for pockets - the Blueberry ones have a hemp / microfibre combo which I think Karen has ordered and sound like a fab idea. Hopefully Karen can give us a review soon.

I will see how they perform when they arrive. I have been reading some reviews (after buying the nappies :lol: ) and I don't know what to expect of the inserts, apparently the are about 5 feet long :!: :!: :shock: Can't find anymore info on them!

In pocket nappies I use 3 layers of micro fibre and 2-3 layers of hemp, really like the idea of a foldable insert combining hemp and bamboo styled on the bigger weeds :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:50 am

I use 3 layers of mf on top of a Ellas House Hemp insert which is 4 layers (all but 1 are home made though!)

I like the EH because they dry so quickly being fold out.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:30 am

ericaj1 wrote:Found the absorbency survey

(http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/store/ch ... nsert.html)

They don't mention bamboo though do they? I'd be very interested to know how bamboo compares with Hemp - as I find bamboo fab!

I've seen that greenkids now do a full bamboo insert which I'm very interested in - am tempted just to order some inserts but that seems very silly... And we REALLY don't need any more nappies :(

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat