hf1

Lots of leaks

My avatar
Bumboleo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Lots of leaks

Postby Bumboleo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Great thanks so much for your help everyone, what a great site!! Have bought some more bamboo inserts from the classifieds but eyeing up some hemp too :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Bumboleo wrote:Great thanks so much for your help everyone, what a great site!! Have bought some more bamboo inserts from the classifieds but eyeing up some hemp too :)

Lovely to hear we have helped :hug: let us know how you get on and as I said keep asking questions whenever you need to :thumbsup: :D

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:29 am

clothmama wrote:I would say you are just not boosting enough, simple as that! 2 LL bamboo boosters have never been enough for us. I tend to use one on top and then a hemp or bamboo trifold / long fold booster underneath.

Exactly as Marie said good to have quick absorbing (MF or bamboo) on the top and put the hemp behind or you'll still get leaks even with the extra boosting!

In terms of tightness, I'd say the first one is too tight, you should be able to comfortably put a finger in, so firmish but not tight.

Please ask away if you have more questions :D

Yes as @clothmama writes the CB is too tight

My avatar
Bumboleo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bumboleo » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:00 pm

OK I have been searching for some hemp inserts. So I take it hemp can absorb loads of liquid and not add bulk to the nappy? I have bought some extra bamboo inserts, but we're now boosting so much that the nappies are incredibly gappy around the groin and he can just wee straight out of them. Also way gappy around the waist so lots of leaks out the top. I don't know! I am getting fed up of the whole shebang now.

Might just buy some new hemp inserts, not preloved. Do they take ages to reach full absorbency?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:28 pm

Its normally around 6 washes to get to full absorbency i think.

We used to use easy peasy hemp inserts (under Microfibre) in our pockets before we ended up moving to fitteds and wraps. I have read good things about 'little weeds' hemp boosters/inserts too.

My avatar
Bumboleo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bumboleo » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:54 am

@Aeseldyr, @clothmama, @LynniferT I need your help again! :( :(

Over xmas we were using disposables as we were away for a week with no means of washing reusables, and since getting home I've realised how bad the reusables are! :( SO many leaks. Yesterday we were out with DS in the pushchair for 30-40 mins and when I took him out when we got home, his trousers were soaking! I felt so bad. Poor thing. That was with a microfibre and a bamboo insert. I haven't got round to getting hemp yet, I can't find any preloved and they're like £20 for 5 so it will be so expensive to stock up on hemp! Also they take ages to dry and I have nowhere to leave them hanging around the house for days on end.

I have just changed him as he leaked out the top front of his nappy. The insert was completely dry except for the front where he had leaked, even though his willy was pointing down. I am so sick of having to change his clothes all the time, especially as he is now learning to crawl and never wants to lie still to be changed.

So this is the nappy I've just put on, we'll see how long it lasts. Little Lamb with 3 bamboo inserts. I'm trying the full rise for the first time to see if that helps with leaking at the front. I can pretty much get my whole hand in the front when he is lying down, but any tighter and he gets red marks when sitting/standing as his tummy is so much bigger then.

With disposables we had no red marks or chapping at all, DS is getting red around his bits, not sure why, and sometimes from the fit if DH puts them on too tight (to try and avoid leaks!). Also had no leaking with the disposables except for one poonami, and I feel he can move about a lot easier in disposables. I really don't want to give up though, the poor planet!!! Maybe I should use disposables until he is on 3 meals a day and maybe drinking less?? :shock: He is 7 months old now.

Hellllp!
Leg fit:
Image Image
Tummy fit:
Image Image

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:06 am

Mollysdad has some on classifieds at the mo, they might still be available?
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=122336&hilit=Hemp

He has 3 lots, small, medium and large?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:22 am

I couldn't use mf at all as we would get really bad comression wicking. P'tit dessous bamboo and easy peasy hemp were my bulletproof combo. I think I stil have some lying around if you want to try them?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:22 am

Just to add... Do you think the nappies arent absorbing the wee? A strip wash may help?

Although it does sound like compression leaks if your LO was in his buggy.

Do you have any other nappies or is it just little lambs?

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat