hf1

What age to grow out of size 1?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

What age to grow out of size 1?

Postby charlibunny » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:16 pm

Sophie is Huge. Not chunky as such, but has a LOOOONG body. She seems to be growing out of size 1 fitteds already? :shock: she is only 11 weeks old and *about* 11lbs!!
The rise on her sz 1 totsbots and Little lambs seems so short, they are like hipsters!!! Are they supposed to be below the belly button?
I thought i was going to have 6 months to buy a stash of size 2's but looks like maybe not?
Im buggered, i have about 30 size 1 fitteds and they are my staple nappy. Oh dear :(

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: What age to grow out of size 1?

Postby Rae » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:25 pm

We got about 8 months out of our size 1's, but I know a lot of people that didn't get near that. By the time Kayleigh had outgrown her side 1's she was showing a bit of a builders bum.
I think you might want to look at getting some birth to potty pockets and see how you get on with them - you should be able to pick something like a BG up to try relatively cheaply.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:36 pm

Yeah might have to then. I really need some fitteds though now in sz 2 or medium. Prefer bamboo, i have a few bamboozles but thats it. i want prettiness.... :lol:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:02 pm

WOW I'm shocked, Summer is only 12lb and her sz1 tots are still too big, the little lambs fit perfectly with the tabs overlaped! I think as long as they are still containing everything then your ok for a little while, size 2 bamboozles are £3something on amazon, go now, and buy, lol, you can always get a few prettier ones later but if you need nappies now and you like bamboozles then they ar an absolute bargain with free delv!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:14 pm

Depends how long in the body the baby is I think. Cole grew out of his very quickly. :roll:

I think a lot of nappies are very optimistic about their sizing.

Helen xx

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:30 pm

Iris outgrew her size 1 nappies about a month ago. They're very hipster on her. She's only a skinny thing, too (she weighs about 16 lb), so it really is a rise issue with us.

I'm struggling to find something to replace them. Iris can undo aplix, but popper nappies just gape at the legs on her. And she's still not quite big enough for size 2, even though she's outgrown size 1. I have an inbetweener baby and it's a nightmare!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:27 pm

Zac is long in the body and outgrew some size ones at 12 weeks and the rest at four months. The problem I had with Tots is that the booster makes them bulky in the middle and shortens the rise. Size 1 bimbles and kissaluvs were a bit better.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:52 pm

William grew out of size ones VERY fast I think they only lasted about 8-10 weeks and he had a builders bum. Phebie lasted for ages in them though and I think she was about 5-6 months

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:54 pm

LOL this thread is amusing me, what with Summer's teeny bum, lol!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat