Cloth nappies starting at 6 weeks

My avatar
meixin804
Clothie
Clothie

Cloth nappies starting at 6 weeks

Postby meixin804 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:44 pm

Image Hi all
FTM, breastfeeding and cloth nappy user here to a Christmas baby boy who is 6 weeks old and a healthy 4.9kg.

Right now I'm using disposables at night still. I want to gradually stop using them because my partner isn't too keen on cloth nappies.

I've got 21 totsbots easyfit v3 (new) for the day with fleece liners.

I've ordered an assortment of preloved nappies to try:
15 bamboo inserts
10 flat prefolds
2 hemp boosters
4 fuzzibunz pocket nappies with inserts
1 totsbots bamboozle nappy
5 cute cheapies eBay nappies
10 daisy diapers (USA cotton)
1 newborn wrap
4 medium Velcro wraps
2 Alva popper nappies
2 Blueberry Ecco bum wrap
2 one life wraps
1 hippybottomus pocket nappy
4 motherease wraps
5 IV cotton nappies

I want to wash every other day. ANY suggestions about what else I will need for my stash? I've bought the bamboozle in hope that will work at night. What are some good nightiltime nappies?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place! Thanks xx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Cloth nappies starting at 6 weeks

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:14 pm

:wave: :wave: Hi and welcome to the site! Massive congratulations on your lovely baby and fab you have started in cloth :yahoo:

It honestly sounds like you have a really good collection to get going with. I think it is really important to try lots of nappies and see what works best for you / your baby / dh etc. I'd gieve what you have a try for a little while and you'll soon work out what you do and don't like and you can decide what to get more of from there. At this stage you don't really need specific night nappies, something like a bamboozle will work fine with a bit of boosting (more bamboo or hemp). I also loved using (still do actually at 14 months!) Baby Beehinds hemp nappies - they are trim yet very absorbent so dont' seem too big when they are still so little :love:

Ask any questions you need to and feel free to jump in and join chat and the other site areas too :widesmile:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:28 pm

Agree with clothmama, try and see what you like, then buy more of those, but I'd never recommend buying tonnes of anything as babies change shape constantly and needs will change as he weans etc! You've got a great stash, so see how you get on.

Welcome to the board, we'll look forward to hearing how you get on x

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:01 am

Welcome on board :wave: congrats on your baby and on using cloth nappies :yahoo:
I agree with clothmama and ems101 you have a good stash to start finding out what you like :thumbsup: and there is enough to cloth nappy full time :)

My avatar
meixin804
Clothie
Clothie

Postby meixin804 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Aeseldyr wrote:Welcome on board :wave: congrats on your baby and on using cloth nappies :yahoo:
I agree with clothmama and ems101 you have a good stash to start finding out what you like :thumbsup: and there is enough to cloth nappy full time :)

Just starting with daytime to get my partner comfortable. At night he will just take off the Aio and put him in a disposable nappy. I've even let him pick out some of the cheapies prints. He says "it's a lot of hard work to save money" haha It's better than all the chemicals in disposables.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:27 am

The TotsBots Bamboozle will do fine as a nighttime nappy - we used those when D was little and think she was over 6 months before she started outwetting them.

My husband was also eased into cloth nappying :giggle: Starting with the oldest when she was a litlle over a year and kept having red bum with disposibles. And with the youngest he was on board from the beginning :thumbsup: He actually recommed it to his brother because he (the brother) was talking about how much it cost in nappies :giggle:
Last edited by Aeseldyr on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:53 am

:wave: nothing much to add but hi

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat