hf1

What's with woolies

My avatar
Bumfluffmama
Clothie
Clothie

What's with woolies

Postby Bumfluffmama » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi I'm new to this cloth nappy scene and have seen people mention woolies and have no idea what they mean...can someone enlightened me please.
Thanks!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: What's with woolies

Postby sim » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:56 pm

You can use lanolised wool wraps/ soakers / shorts / trousers aka longies as nappy covers.

There are some posts in the Pure Wool section that might help, like this one
https://www.clothnappytree.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=121116

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:55 pm

Yes as Sim is so nicely putting it "woolies" is just a nickname for covers made of wool :)

Welcome here :wave: and welcome to the cloth nappy world - its confusing and amazing - for both you have come to the right place!

My avatar
Bumfluffmama
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Bumfluffmama » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:34 am

Amazing. Sounds literally like magic, I might have to give it a try. Is the idea that they don't actually feel damp to touch then, they just work their woolen magic and act as a breathable barrier between nappy and clothes then. It sounds completely counter intuitive as I have images of sodden, saggy, wool pants, but I'm guessing thats not what happens at all, unless it goes really wrong.
It's a whole new world of possibilities!!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:03 am

Hi (and welcome :wave: ) they really are magic, I was a bit unsure before I started using them and now I'm a total convert. It is all I use at night and with Rémy I often use them in the day as well as I have more than I did with Louis. After a full night you do get the slightest damp feeling but not wet if that makes sense. Have a look in classifieds there are always some for sale or if you / grandma / friend can knit or crochet they are easy to make too :D

My avatar
Bumfluffmama
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Bumfluffmama » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:29 pm

Brilliant thanks very much! X

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat