hf1

DH new to cloth am I expecting too much of him?

My avatar
Krissie+5
Clothie
Clothie

DH new to cloth am I expecting too much of him?

Postby Krissie+5 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi all, I cloth nappied my older children (now 15,14,10 and 8) and find myself with a new partner and expecting in July! My partner has a 15 year old but his ex used disposables. He says he'll give cloth nappies a go so I bought g nappies (with disposable inserts) for the early weeks, and then some close parent pop ins and fuzzibunz preloved to give us a choice. How have other new dads coped with reusables?

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: DH new to cloth am I expecting too mich of him?

Postby Aeseldyr » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:16 pm

Welcome :wave: and congrats on the new baby coming
Here DH saw how DD1s bum cleared up after changing to cloth and that got him on board of the idea. After that I made sure there where different kinds so he could find what he liked and not what I thought he liked. He prefered fitteds with covers or pockets for DD2 and he has come so far that he talks about the benefits of cloth to others :yahoo:

That your DH has said he would try is a start :thumbsup: I am sure that g-diapers are great but they are IMO not Daddy friendly :giggle: the velcro goes in the back and there is a loose insert in - that would have been having my DH running from the changing scene :hohoho:

But again my best advice is to let him find the kind he likes himself :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: DH new to cloth am I expecting too much of him?

Postby clothmama » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi, congratulations and welcome!! :wave: He'll be fine! Seriously - your other kids dad obviously worked it out :lol: your new partner will too. My dh loves cloth and teases me when we use dispos (travelling etc). It sounds like you have tried to get some nice easy options to start with and you can always pick up some other preloved if you need to to try other systems / nappies. I kind of agree with Marie on the GDiapers though but see how you go! What did you use with the others? When are you due?

My avatar
Krissie+5
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Krissie+5 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Thanks. Other kids father was a violent waste of space who didn't change one nappy whilst my kids were in nappies.
We'll see how g nappies go. Thought they might be easier for those early sticky poops.
Our baby boy is due mid July!
I think my poor partner will get a shock as he said he did all the night feeds with his son. I said I hope to breast feed as I did my others so he offered to burp and settle baby. I definitely have a good man this time and it will be lovely to give him a child.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:48 pm

Sounds like a loving and carring man you've got there :) I am sure it will go well with the nappies as well :)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:53 pm

My hubby has used cloth with our two. He even liked the terry squares :)

If there has ever been any disposable nappies or wipes in our house he reaches for them. I don't know why, he never washes the cloth ones ! But he is happy with cloth and sees how much money it saves us so never doubted our decision.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:26 pm

Mine acts like he doesn't like them but he loves them, they look cool, the poop stays in the nappy and I've never sent him to asda at 2am because we ran out. He loves our 2 year olds huge terry nappied bottom the best and is always giving it a pat on the way to bed. :love:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat