My avatar
Emma S
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Am I a bad mother/housewife?

Postby Emma S » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:23 pm

school uniform and 'special' items only if really necessary

my mum's motto was 'theres more to life than housework'

though strangely now we have all left home her house is really tidy, and if she looks after the kids she usually does the washing up and cleans the floor

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:52 pm

Never ironed a nappy here either :roll:

The iron was last touched for dh's work shirts about 4 weeks ago, will be touched again in perhaps jan!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby jules070603 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:14 pm

Never ironed a nappy in my life :hohoho:

Don't iron as much as I used to but I do all my work stuff and casual tops. DH irons his own but wears scruffs to work so only needs to iron what he needs when he needs it. Our iron is knackered though, we need a new one.

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:46 pm

I iron everyday but never nappies

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:14 am

I do iron some things as I think the clothes look nicer for longer (don't you find cheap clothing these days just goes all out of shape if you don't iron it?) and we don't have a tumble dryer so that isn't an option. I only spend about an hour each week doing it though, wouldn't spend any longer. I only iron for me and the kids though - dh irons his own shirts :wink:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:34 pm

I used an iron once - I think I was about 8. :hohoho:

We do own one, and DH has used it I think three times in 6 years - like the sewing machine, I wouldn't have the first clue what to do with it! :wine:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:29 pm

i only iron DPs shirts as his boss did comment on the state of them once (hes a postman and they have to look smart apparently...) and have ironed clothes of DD's if they have been cheap and creased like hell, but unless we are going out somewhere that doesnt really happen either. so the iron gets used for about 15 minutes, once a week after the main wash!

have to admit ive ironed inserts before :oops: , because those microfibre ones dry so quickly if theyre ironed a bit and only did it twice when i was quite "low" on nappies. (well, not low, just didnt want to go into the emergency piles as i had no nice wraps!)

my mum also ironed terries when she washed them for me. i think on one of the cloth nappy reports did a few years ago it claimed that cloth nappies were no more eco-friendly than sposies coz they had to be "washed at high temperatures, tumble dried and ironed" :shock: :shock:

a friend of mine once complained about the expense of replacing her iron (£80 she spent on it!) and i think mine was £4.97 from tesco! xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:51 pm

I never iron anything, OH is a technician, so just wears tshirt and jeans, I sometimes tumble things for 5 mins if they are creased! I started to really panic about having to iron when I found Summer was a girl thinking I'd have to iron dresses, but I was wrong, YAY!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:45 pm

I iron everything BUT not nappies or underwear towles etc....

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat