hf1

Detergent build up - how many rinses???

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Detergent build up - how many rinses???

Postby Amanda » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:34 pm

I knew there was probably a bit of a build up as some of Finn's nappies were really stinky after just a couple of hours of wee. But we are now on rinse number four and I'm still seeing suds :shock: . And that's with only ever using one laundry tablet. It's pretty bad, there were even suds when I did the cold rinse prior to washing them :(

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Detergent build up - how many rinses???

Postby jan3182001 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:40 pm

keep going with the rinses till water runs clear - look through door, sounds like it might need a few more

have you cleaned inside your detergent drawer - i get a build up of detergent in there

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:43 pm

If you're still getting suds on rinses stick a large towel in with them and stick it on a full (cool) wash cycle again no detergent...

But otherwise - erm until the suds are gone I'm afraid!!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:54 pm

The tray's clean but we've had the machine for about 10 years and I only recently learned about maintenance washes :oops: so there's probably a fair amount of gunk build up all around its insides! I'm still rinsing, I knew I'd have to keep going til it's clear, but don't know why this load is so much soapier than normal. I suppose I'm just not rinsing them as much as I should on a regular basis. Hence the term build-up - durrrr :roll: :lol:

Fairly basic post for someone who's been using cloth for over two years :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:25 pm

may be worth taking everything out, and doing a hot wash - no spin just to clean machine - then put your stuff back in

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:43 pm

Think I might do that, am now on rinse 6 and there are still some suds. Typically I have a massive backlog of washing and could've got three loads done in the length of time it's taking to get this nappy wash done! Think I'll take them out, do a couple of loads of regular washing then put a hot cycle on an empty machine later tonight. Will finish the nappies off in the morning, they're holding me back!!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat