hf1

20kg + nappies and night nappies

My avatar
Drlize
Clothie
Clothie

20kg + nappies and night nappies

Postby Drlize » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:29 pm

Hello all, I'm fairly new to cloth nappies and am wondering which is the best to use for my daughter who is about 20kg. She's almost 6 and still needs a night time nappy. I also need advice on best night time nappies for my 11month old son. I have a couple of mio bambino and a g nappy. Should I just shove extra inserts in? He seems to wet through one within 2-3 hours in the day. TIA!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: 20kg + nappies and night nappies

Postby clothmama » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi and welcome :wave: :wave: I'm off to bed but will come back to answer you in the morning!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:45 pm

Hi welcome! I have a feeling @sim had good night combos...

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:09 am

Hi!

@ems101 When my oldest was 4 / 5 I had two go-to options.

The first was Minki nappies -
I'd suggest Xl Standard Mini nappies

You can get them here

My eldest was smaller so in size Large but I used two ptit dessous bamboo inserts with two easy peasy hemp inserts underneath and they were really reliable (and he was a ridiculously heavy wetter). It's about getting enough absorbency into the pocket- Hemp is great at holding a lot of liquid while being relatively slim and not leaking when squished. I also put them towards the front to suit boy wees - you'd need to load the pocket to suit a girl.

I also used wee notions night nappies with additional hemp boosters and well-lanolised wool shorties over the top (though these might be too bulky for a 6 year old.)

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:10 am

Oops! Pressed submit too early!
I hope that helps!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:35 am

Snuggleblanks/Blankencare make fab large nappies. They can either make them in pull up style or nappy style.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat