Stopped using cloth :-o

My avatar
Bumboleo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Stopped using cloth :-o

Postby Bumboleo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:32 am

Hi folks! Hope you're all well.

We went away on holiday in November when DS was 18 months old, so took disposables with us. Then we were away over xmas so used the remainder. Since then, I've tried going back to daytime cloth (we were already using disposables at night), but 1) the nappies gape terribly and don't fit 2) they are saturated well within an hour on average.

So I was just wondering, what could be a step up from our current inserts - folded hemp at front, a microfibre on top.

Also, can he really have grown out of his one-size AIOs already?? :-s He is 20 months, but weighs the same as a 3 year old and is very tall. However, he wears 18-24 month clothes, which is perplexing, so surely the nappies should still fit?

I have to have them held with just one popper at each side of the waist, otherwise they're too tight on his legs, but they gape at the front when he stands.

Hoping to have baby number 2 this year so the cloth won't be out of action for too long, but the waste from disposables is playing on my mind!

Thanks x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Stopped using cloth :-o

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:46 am

:wave: Hi @Bumboleo - it is always frustrating when they go through badly fitting stages with nappies that have always worked well. Remind me again which nappies / inserts etc you are using?

My avatar
Bumboleo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Stopped using cloth :-o

Postby Bumboleo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:55 am

Hi @Clothmama! We use mainly Charlie Banana and Little Lambs, both one-size pockets - don't know why I put AIOs in original post :-s Both brands stuffed with a charlie banana microfibre insert and a folded, unbranded but lovely and thick hemp insert.
We do also have some Totsbots AIOs which I have always loved, theyre OK for naptime. They have velcro which seems much better than poppers at this point, but I can't buy a whole new stash of velcros.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat