hf1

moving in cloth nappies

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

moving in cloth nappies

Postby charliesam » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:35 pm

Sam has got to the stage where he is desperate to get on the move :? however he is getting v frustrated as he gets on his belly can get his front half up but not his back half :babyroll:
most of his nappies are quite bulky and wide between the legs as he is a heavy wetter, we use pockets (have BB OS, WNOS, upsy daisy OS, funkys and medium fuzzi) and fitteds ( swaddlebees ov os, wn nl, bamboozles mainly) i was wondering if they are hindering him :? or if it is just a stage. Today i was tempted to try a sposiebut we haven't got one :hohoho:
has anyone had a similar problem or suggest a nappy that is thinner between the legs
or maybe its not the nappy at all?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: moving in cloth nappies

Postby flutterby » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:37 pm

How about a size swaddlebee rather than and OS, they are really trim!!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:43 pm

I honestly think it is a stage rather than the shape of any nappy.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:43 pm

Isabelle didn't start moving around for ages... And it didn't matter which nappies she was in whether disps at nursery when they were being dozy - or cloth at home...

He will move when he's ready afterall most of us were in huge bulky terries with plastic pants when we were kids and we all walk fine now :lol:

My Friend's LO is in cloth most of the time now and started moving around an awful lot sooner than his brother who was in disps...

All I'm trying to say is I think it is just a stage and not the nappies - he's not even 9 months yet, give him time :)
All babies progress differently and although it's hard to sit back and let them go at their own pace they all get there in the end...

It probably isn't anything to do with the nappy but just him being so young :)
What's he like during nappy off time? (you could do this on a towel)

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:45 pm

I have to say what Steph has said makes alot of sense, however Summer will roll with no nappy on, but with a nappy on she just lies there, so I think the nappy can make a little difference!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:50 pm

It is quite interesting. Lockie was in sposies until he was a year old. He didn't crawl commando style until almost 9 months.

Zac who was fully in cloth crawled just before 7 months and walked a whole month earlier than Lockie. So I don't really think the nappy has much to do with it. He'll start pulling himself along when he's ready. Some babies don't crawl at all but go straight to crusing and walking very fast - maybe he's going to be one of those?

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:51 pm

I used to think that it was the cloth nappy that was keeping Abigail from getting on the move (as she was slow to crawl & walk) and she often looked akward/uncomfortable on her tummy (she was just wearing pad folded prefolds with proraps, tho was a very small person so they were bulky between legs). However, cloth didn't seem to bother Benjamin at all and he was on the move quickly & easily, and walking by 11 months. :babyroll: So I think it really is just the stage the baby is at, though the nappy can make it look a bit different. But once they're ready to move, don't think anything will stop them! :)

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:10 pm

mmmmm.... sam still doesn't roll with a nappy on but can with no nappy, however i think it probably is just a stage. he just is getting so cross because he wants to move but can't and there are loads of really exciting things just out of his reach- remote control, phone , baby wipes, the guinea pig :hohoho: and lots of big boys lego and magnetix :? :?

i'm not sure the rest of us are ready for a mobile sam yet :hohoho:
Maybe he is not going to be a crawler- today i stood him against the sofa thinking he could move up and down it but he just get go and tried to walk away and fell flat on his face :oops: :babyroll: :babyroll:

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:43 pm

aww bless :D

No Dafydd doesnt roll with the nappy on either. But to be honest he doesnt get much time on the floor as he has my two helpers behind him and as soon as i turn my back he is on their knee :roll:

But i agree with he'll go whenever he's ready and the later the better here i think :hohoho:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat