hf1

moving in cloth nappies

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: moving in cloth nappies

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:54 pm

Benjamin never crawled properly until a couple of weeks ago, after his first birthday. Have to say after the first time of using the throw away nappies constantly for 2 weeks there was NO difference in what he could and couldn't do and he didn't even notice when he got back to his proper nappies and infact took his first step in one, when he had been wearing a sposie just that morning.

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:15 pm

all mine looked like beached whales when learning to move around and only ds3 from 18 months and dd3 from 6 months had cloth nappies
so i'd have to say its just a stage rather than the nappy

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:32 pm

I would definately say it is nothing to do with what nappy babies wear. Ben has been sitting and rolling for a couple of months now and is starting to drag himself along the floor. Charlotte was alot later but they all do these things when they are ready :wink:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:37 pm

I agree with the other girls. They all do it when they are ready. Hannah was in disp and crawled at 9mths Phebie was in cloth and crawled at 10mths and then William is in cloth and crawled at 7! So its all different. Phebs was just lazy lol!!!
Funnily enough though William would crawl fine with a nappy on but when he had no nappy he went all wobbily and couldn't do it at all.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:56 pm

I agree with what the others have said.
I was worried too at one stage.
MY OO started walking at 12months(still late by some standards) but LO started walking at the age of 18months.
I did worry but have noticed that he is just late at most things apart from cheekiness and tantrums. He is a real cheek and will be smarter then OO, I think. :wink: :wink: :wink:
LOL
sukhi

My avatar
Emma S
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Emma S » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:24 pm

Its definately a stage, and the frustration is to do wih not being able to do it, not about being hindered.
cloth is better for them when trying to walk - it is beneficial for hip developement for a wider bulk between the legs, often parents of kids who are having problems are told to put 2 disposibles on. The extra padding also reduces compression on the spine when they bump down.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:36 pm

I completely agree with all the others. Bella did struggle for a while to roll with her nappy on, and would generally do more rolling during nappy off time, but she soon got the hang of it with a nappy. The few times she was in sposies seemed to make no difference at all. I think she was a little confused as to why the nappy was so thin and crunchy.

Edited cos I can't spell :oops:
Last edited by tanya on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:27 pm

I think you answered your own question: do you REALLY want a mobile Sam just yet, esp with all the pre Christmas preparations (and I bet you have a tree and decorations to be pulled too!)?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:39 pm

tanya2007 wrote: I think she was a little confused as to why the nappy was so thin and crunchy.

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat