hf1

Adult Eczema Link

My avatar
Lavino1724
Clothie
Clothie

Adult Eczema Link

Postby Lavino1724 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Apologies if this has been posted before but I have searched the web high and low but can't find anything. We've been using cloth nappies on our baby for four weeks now and my partners skin flared up with eczema about two weeks ago where all his clothes go even down to his feet which has never happened. His skin has been good for a long while previously to this. Could it be possible that washing the nappies in the same machine could have caused this? I obviously wash the nappies separately

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Adult Eczema Link

Postby clothmama » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:01 pm

It seems unlikely :-? . The first thought that I had was have you changed washing powder since using cloth (even if just in those loads)?

My avatar
Lavino1724
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Lavino1724 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:22 pm

No I've kept it the same. I use fairy non bio as it's the only one I've ever been able to use for his skin

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Sorry I should have said before hello and welcome :wave: :wave:How old is your little one?

Does his eczema flare up with stress? Could it be that with the new baby? Are you eating differently? If you do think it is something to do with the machine maybe you could try doing a sanitising / machine cleaning wash (my machine has one if not just a 90 degree wash with a cup of vinegar in the drum and no clothes!). It is a bit strange isn't it. I'll have a think overnight too and see if I can think of anything else!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat