hf1

Newbie to cloth nappies. advice welcomed!

My avatar
EGreen
Clothie
Clothie

Newbie to cloth nappies. advice welcomed!

Postby EGreen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi ladies (and all other guardians of course!)

I’ve recently been introduced to this new world of cloth nappying! (Accidentally through making the switch with sanitary towels).

I’d appreciate any guidance from previous users on the best All In One and what is needed from there? I’ve seen some great reviews on Mio which look fab... thoughts?

Also if anyone is selling a bundle to get me started please shout

My boy is 18m old.

Thank you in advance from an eager convert

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Newbie to cloth nappies. advice welcomed!

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi and welcome @EGreen and congratulations on your decision to change to cloth :widesmile: :yahoo: !

I always recommend trying a few different types of nappies before making a decision and buying lots of one type as you may not end up getting on with that sort and love something else. I've always run a collection with different types, mainly 2 parters (for reliability), pockets (for ease, quickness of drying, slimness) and a few AIOs for ease! I've not tried the Mios though. What is your drying situation?

Have you had a look through classifieds to see if there is anything that you'd like to try?
search.php?search_id=newclassifieds

Let us know if you have any other questions we're always happy to help :widesmile:

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Newbie to cloth nappies. advice welcomed!

Postby Aeseldyr » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:54 am

Hi @EGreen :wave:
With my first girl I changed to cloth when she was about 1 year and I loved it :love: no more red bum and no more wet clothes :yahoo:

I as @clothmama recommend getting a few different types - since its not before you try it that you now what works for you :)

But AIO wise I have not tried the MIO but I love Blueberry organic Simplex - and they are easy to costomize when your baby needs boosting :thumbsup:

Our main over 1,5 years old stash was pockets and covers with inserts (prefolds, hemp/cotton/bamboo inserts or just a folded flat). For night we have always used fitteds with wool - its just bulletproof :giggle:

Welcome to the world of cloth nappies - its addictive :loopy:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat