hf1

advice on nappies for childminder

My avatar
Daisy
Clothie
Clothie

advice on nappies for childminder

Postby Daisy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:03 pm

I go back to work in Feb :cry: and am thinking that I maybe need to get some nappies easy enough for my child minder to use - something non-threatening. I've heard that Motherease AIO are good. Any suggestions? Not sure how many I'd need either.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: advice on nappies for childminder

Postby caeganol » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:05 pm

If you have BG's they are the best(specially till they have the hang of it). But if she is used to doing cloth nappies, I suppose it won't matter.
HTH
sukhi

My avatar
Daisy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Daisy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:06 pm

I don't think she has used them before. She has been my childminder for 3 years, but I didn't use cloth before with DD2. I think she'll give it a go as she is very lovely.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:49 pm

I think bumgenius, blueberrys and happy heinys (the one size as they are poly pul in preference to the sized ones which are cotton pul) are very reliable, and the aplix make them easy for anyone to use.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:17 pm

If pocket nappies work for you I would definately get something like bumgenius, blueberries or other aplix pockets... I found that child carers in general find it hard to get to grips with poppers for some reason especially poppers with double layers (like fuzzis - they always used to only do up the top layer and then wonder why they leaked/fell down :roll: )

It is easier with a single person like a childminder though (we were at nursery) as you can show them a few times how to use the different nappies and you can be sure it's always the same person changing your child...

Before that though we used tots aplix nappies at nursery with motherease aplix (rikki) wraps and aside from the few occasions a dozy carer forgot to put the wrap back on they didn't have any problems with those...
Only thing they seemed to have a problem with in the fitteds was the liners... :roll: We have to use fleece liners and they often threw them away if they were soiled :evil: got round it by using fleece AND paper - and then by drilling home the message :)

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:21 pm

This isn't a suggestion for a type of nappy, or even for a childminder specifically but what I do for OH is when I leave him with the LOs I always do the nappies up exactly how they need to go on so he only has to remember for a moment!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:24 pm

flutterby wrote:This isn't a suggestion for a type of nappy, or even for a childminder specifically but what I do for OH is when I leave him with the LOs I always do the nappies up exactly how they need to go on so he only has to remember for a moment!!

Yep we tried this with Nursery and it was quite successful for a bit...

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:57 pm

Honestly as you already have a relationship with her I would chat to her about what she thinks. She may be happy to use what you already have (or at least to try it and then if she can't manage you could look for alternatives then)

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:11 pm

I just use pockets for my childminder which i make up, we have popppers and aplix but she prefers aplix so i use them for her- blueberrys, upsy daisy and funkys. On my days off i mainly use fitteds. Its a good excuse for 2 lots on nappies :hohoho: :hohoho:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat