hf1

What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

My avatar
SaturdayNext
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

Postby SaturdayNext » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:48 pm

TotsBots PUL wraps were my worst buy. The binding wicked moisture so they were useless. They were my first wraps and I came so close to giving up on cloth because of them.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:39 pm

I made the same mistake as many other people by buying a Bambino Mio birth to potty set. Tried them briefly, but had to change the wrap every time and they leaked so badly for us. Used the wraps with other fitteds and used a couple of the prefolds as stuffing for other things. Liked nearly everything else I bought. Kate x

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:38 pm

victoriaw wrote:So far I think my Upsy Daisy nappies. I love the look of them , but just don't like the fit of either the OS or the night nappy. Think I am going to sell them on my next clear out :|

So I tried the UDNN on bubs again tonight, and it fits perfectly...! :lol:
A good lesson in not selling stuff straightaway!

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:08 am

I hated my drybee as it leaked everytime. I got rid of my babybeehind pretty much instantly as I didn't get on with them at all, they were too stiff, and I ended up throwing my magicall in the bin in a fit of rage as it was always soaking wet through the pul.

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:21 am

deff the bambino mio set & kushies - both put me off using with my 1st ( didnt have internet then :giggle: ) and i gave up after about a year of on and off trying & leaking every where.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:58 am

The first nappies I brought to start using cloth with were by far my worst buy!! Tots bots AIO and easy peasy by hip hip baby. Terrible fits on ds one left red marks on his legs especially and the other was just HUGE and wicked even though it was BTP!!! Mutts are another bad buy for us. Wet in 1/2 hour :shock: .
I am so glad those first buys didn't put me off though I LOVE using cloth.

My avatar
clare888
Clothie
Clothie

Postby clare888 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:00 am

I haven't tried many yet - only tot bots, motherease, coolababy and bumgenius. But I found the coolababy nappies awful. I liked them to start with but they started to wick terribly after a few months :( so have now abandoned them and sticking to the bumgeniuses.

Clare x

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:03 pm

I was going to say our EP nappies but I put a PD and 2 EP hemp in a btp bumble and it lasted 4 hours! Was massive tho!!
ll wraps didnt work for us at all!

My avatar
chipmonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby chipmonkey » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Kushies and the Boots' rip-off of Kushies, the Kushies ultra I had developed HOLES in the outer cover after a couple of months, the Boots version has now ripped where the tab goes on, rendering it useless.

Bumgenius. Although fantastic when new, I find the elastics go after a few months, and then the aplix goes! Much prefer poppers to aplix.

Wonderoos, terrible fit and some of the poppers woudln't do up.

I always advise people who are new to cloth, never to get Birth to Potty packs until you have trialled one of the nappies.. If you hate the nappy, it is such a waste of money.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat