hf1

What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

My avatar
aob1013
Clothie
Clothie

Re: What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

Postby aob1013 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Oh yes, bambino mio are definately not so good!

My avatar
fluffpuffin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffpuffin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Totsbots easyfit V1 - leaked every time nomatter what I tried good thing is I sold them on no problem - so didn't really lose money because of them

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Not really had a bad buy as yet... except maybe the bundle of "cotton" Totsbots I bought off ebay, which turned out to be Fluffles :roll: :giggle:
And maybe the Ittis that look so cute and are so slim fitting... but which DD outwees in ~1hr :shock:

Dooby x
Last edited by doobykat on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
mummymunchkin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummymunchkin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:28 am

Definately Cushie Tushies! Never ever use it, just leaks all over and is a horrid fit. Such a shame as so cute looking! But the quality is terrible.
Hardly ever use our Itti AI2's either, find they leak at the legs.

My avatar
mrs_beckham_the_2nd
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mrs_beckham_the_2nd » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:22 pm

Another vote here against Cushie Tushies, they look so cute when new but after a couple of washes look terrible. As other posters have said the fleece bobbles, the inserts curl up & die lol, the minkee looks like a wet dog & the nappy sounds crinkly. Also my medium wetter can outpee them in an hour, they are the only nappies that have ever leaked through her clothes into the pushchair.
I have tried so many nappies in the last 13 years but they were definitely the biggest disappointment, would rather have a terry square, pins & plastic pants than a CT.
I agree the prints are gorgeous but they are just not worth the price :(

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Can't believe I have never posted on this thread :-?

Best buy (without a shadow of a doubt) was my Puddlekins Super Wetter Wool Night Nappy. Solved so many problems for us. Finally could put A back into night nappies.

Worst buy was probably my cotton little lambs. First cloth nappy purchase. They did great until A was about 10wks & then she could outpee them. We got a few weeks out of them though so they paid for themselves really.

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:29 pm

I got some bambino mio wraps off of freecycle. Even though they're the 'newborn' size, the thighs gape hugely on 7 week old liam and they don't really fit over any of our fitteds.

Also, some diaperraps (or something like that) that I got off the classifieds here, advertised as proraps. They came already delaminated, with holes in the waterproof part. I was a bit shocked to be honest! It wasn't a huge crisis though, as they came with a pack including thirsties, which I loooooove!

My avatar
mummyclo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummyclo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:07 pm

My worst buy has been some ebay cheapies, they didn't work for us and were a bit of a waste of money, but i suppose not much of a waste :)

My avatar
didifrench
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby didifrench » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:27 am

:wave:

Worst buy : - cheapy one from ebay, i think it was a naughty baby, but after 2 washes it is almost impossible to read the label!
- nature babies wrap and pocket nappy, always had leaks with both my girls, the fit is just not good for them.
-WNSS, I am sorry to say that as it is a very gorgeous nappy, but side snaps are not a great fit on my daughter and it leaked after 1/2 h!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat