hf1

What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

Postby MissFrodo » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:31 pm

The Bambinex one size wrap.......impossible fit for my daugther. And so far that;s the only thing that really doesn't work...

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cazza1982_123 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Hmmmmm my worst buy was probably my fluffles, not that they were bad nappies but they were huge and I couldn't fit my LO in clothes when he was wearing them!

My avatar
mamarozi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mamarozi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:46 am

Easy Peasy Harmony hemp nappy. Once again...what were they thinking, when making that one??? The fit is terrible!!! Not a BTP, no way!!! Just putting in an extra row of poppers does not make a nappy a BTP one! I tried really hard to make them fit on my 4 months old-no success :x :x :x . Too big, too small, wing droop... And they look awful! Can hardly imagine a worse buy!
I feel like I threw my money away. I try to think, that maybe they will fit in few months time, but they would still be considered my worse buy!

Reading some of your worst buys I remembered another one. Wonderoo one size one. Disaster. Does not fit my 4 months old either, Looks terrible on her and it leaks. It waits in the deepest and darkest drawer with the EP Harmony ones for bigger times, when I will not have to try and make them fit on any other then the biggest setting.

BTP my ass! :x :x

My avatar
purplehearts
Clothie
Clothie

Postby purplehearts » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:52 pm

I've been pretty happy with most of my cloth nappy buys - I did a lot of research and read loads about nappies on forums like this one.
I was really tempted by some of the BTP packs you can get at first - I knew the general consensus was to wait until you've tried a nappy before you spend a fortune and that it's best to build up a collection gradually but I was impatient and loved the idea of getting a huge big bundle of nappies in the post!
I'm really glad I waited and bought gradually now because I have a collection of nappies that work really well for us. Also because I bought preloved, and gradually, I've got lots of gorgeous nappies in my stash that I couldn't have afforded new/a BTP pack of.
Soo... my worst buy...
Probably a Wonderoo - the first nappy that I tried that I really hated. It's a terrible fit on my son - it gapes terribly at the legs which causes leaking and wicking, and is really bulky between the legs. I totally agree with the above post - there is no way this is a BTP nappy! It's huge and bulky on my 20 month old. It also looks really untidy poppered down to the smaller sizes.
Wonderoo inserts are pretty good though and I use them in other nappies.
Funnily enough, the BTP pack I was most tempted by was one containing Wonderoos - and of the many many nappies I've tried it's the only one I really can't get on with so it's lucky I didn't make an expensive mistake!
Now, this could def not be considered a 'worst buy' as such, but I was a bit disappointed with Wee Notions one size nappies. They're not a good fit on my DS - when they're adequetely stuffed they gape pretty badly. Hopefully they'll be a better fit in a few month's time. Shame because I love the fit of the WeeNotions side snaps, and their new style NNs are fab.
Another nappy that deserves a mention here is a Palm & Pond one. I got it as part of a pack from Ebay - I can't really complain because it was super cheap and had some decent nappies in it too - but this is truly an apalling nappy - completely and totally unabsorbant, pee just goes straight through it. It's like sticking your baby in a pair of cotton knickers. It's now been given away as a doll's nappy - I seriously couldn't sell it or even give it away for use as a baby nappy!

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:38 am

Worst nappy buy for us was the kushie....I've never had a nappy leak like that one did, absolutely soaked everytime, if I wanted to keep DS dry he needed changing every hour. :nono:

Becks x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:27 am

My worst mistake was trialling nappies for 2 weeks and then going mad and buying loads of the ones I thought I liked best.
I imported Happy Heinys from America because I wanted them in colours that I couldn't find in this country. I have used them a bit, but they tend to leak after about 2 hours so I'm trying to sell them at the moment, though no-one is interested :-(. I also bought 6 Tots Bots easyfit as I loved the idea of bamboo AIOs but they have never worked on DD so they are also for sale now.

I wish I had known to look for pre-loved nappies when I first started - in the last couple of weeks I have bought some gorgeos WNSS and Itti Bittis - they are great and no more expensive than my other nappies that I bought new - and you can't tell the difference between the pre-loved stuff and the stuff I've had from new.

My best buy apart from that is my Nature Babies bamboo loveables - I use these at night and have never had a leak in them, even after 14 hours. I bought them direct from the manufacturer on ebay and they were only £5 each, but they work like a much more expensive nappy :-)

My avatar
purpleduck
Clothie
Clothie

Postby purpleduck » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Worst nappy so far was the Tots Bots pocket tot. Just leaked within an our. A friend's goign to try them though to see if it's just E's shape or if they do just suck.
(Funnily other Tots Bots are my best nappies though!)

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:05 pm

got to be Bambino mio's, we bought the birth to potty set :oops: it started off bad for the newborn size since we could not get the prefolds to fit inside without a lot of creative folding, they gott better with the medium size then went back to bad again, plus every time DH put them on they would leak everywhere :x
Now we have none left since I moved on to fitteds, wool, fleece and pockets :wine:

My avatar
abigail_71
Clothie
Clothie

Postby abigail_71 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:19 pm

Well, I'm still quite new to cloth but really like bumgenius flip stay drys, itti bitti aio and bumgenius v3.

terrible fit - motherease one size, reckon they'd fit me better than my LO.

Still got a bambinex teddy, greenkids and tots bots to try out.....I hope the greenkids minkys are good cos I've gone to town a bit on those....waiting for the postman..... :waiting:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat