hf1

What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

Postby beck » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:48 am

I was looking through my nappy collection today and I've got some shockers here.

First of all theres the Bubba J hemp that I got from ebay - I personally would not have sold it to any one!

Then theres the MINAPPI's that I got from Babyco - The first time Phebie did a poo in one it went straight through to the outside of the nappy.

And the not so good nappy wraps from Kmart and Target! - I bought them before I'd really research the whole Modern Cloth thing.

So whats yours?
Last edited by beck on Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:11 am

I've been really lucky in that everything i've boughts been pretty good. I bought a 7 lot of kissaluvs and didn't really like them hugely, didn't think they gave good absorbtion for htier bulk and found the poppers fiddly shame as they were such a big part of my collection!! dh however always went for them first as they were eay for him to work out!

The only ebay disaster I bought was a mesh bag 'for nappy buckets', rubbish it was one that you wash things in with a zip at the front so no way you could get it to go nicely in a nappy bucket and it was cheap but the price wasn't!!

What are the kmart / target wraps liek, old fashioned plastic pants? How much do they charge? What other cloth stuff do they sell?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:34 am

There kind of like normal PUL wraps but are made of PVC and have horrible big velcro closures, they leak everywhere and they fit really badly too!!! There about $4.

They sell flannelette nappies for about $5 which look abit dodgy (very thin and not at all absorbant, theres always heaps for sale on Ebay) umm what else..... nappy liners and snappi's and the old fashion pull up pants for $1.50 for 3.

BECK : )

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:08 am

A bit mixed then isn't it, fab that they've got any thing and esp snappis but sham about the plastic pants and stuff. Might have to have words with them when I get back lol!!!!!

My avatar
littlekiwibaby
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby littlekiwibaby » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:31 am

Hello,

I don't think I have any real disaster buys,but I did have some ill informed buys. Like the 8 Imse Vimse flanellette nappies I bought- they may be shaped but have no elastication and they were totally wrong for my heavy wetter.
Then the weenee I bought. It was very pretty pink, but the elastic was not very stretchy and it really looked like peeing in a portable bucket. I haev since learned that you are meant to put something shaped to fit inside the plastic pouch, not try and use the outer bits as a wrap LOL ( so that was ill informed on my oart and not the nappys fault.
My mesh nappy sack is not hanging on a hook over the bath as a bath toy sack.
Oh and another ill informed buy was a batch of 25 factory seconds for £25 from ebay. Great nappies and really good for the price but I didn't need so many LOL.
Oh ant Tots bamboozle- the stitching wasn't finished across the front so it remains unwashed, unused and never will be worn, along with the tots size 2 white wrap (no gussets) which will never be worn and has never been washed.
And my wacky wraps which again are still wrapped and labelle and never worn or washed as they just aren't what i want.
So really, my disater buys weren't so bad.
I love cloth
Cat.xx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:51 am

Sounds like you need to do some Ebaying Cat (or list them on the Nappy Market section)!!!!

My mesh bag hangs next to the dirty bin to put Louis socks in so they dont' get lost, they still do though!!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:34 pm

Well in hind sight I wouldn't have bought the birth to potty bambino mio pack altho it has served us very well...

I think the trouble is that babies change shape frequently and as they do their nappy needs change...

The prefolds were great for a while - then they weren't absorbant enough and the next size up was too bulky - but now they fit great again...

Wish I'd started using fleece liners sooner too!

DH hates the nappy nation no-fold bamboos as they're just a weird shape to put together...

Edit: Oh and my mesh bag is currently holding lots of shredded paper that Isabelle loves to play with!!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:23 am

I have only sold on 2 nappies that I didn't like. An Easy Peasy Harmony - I really didn't like the hemp, it took ages to dry and then felt as hard as cardboard and seemed bulky because it was so stiff. And a Clwt Twt Bambw which was menat to be btp but was too small within weeks.
Apart from that I love all my nappies and would part with any of them.
Annette

My avatar
millymummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby millymummy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:01 pm

i have a little organic cotton nappy that looks sweet but holds about a thimblefull of wee. might be going on the market for a light wetter lol! my mesh bag hangs up in milly's room to store clean aios ready to add to change bag.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat