hi! unfotunately i have become a bit of an expert on re-occuring thrush and sores, and we seem to be at the end of the woods, so let me tell you what we have done.
1. ditch all microfibre! i found it made Zacharias bot warmer and sweatier and made the thrush come back more, i now stuff my pocket with only hemp and bamboo
2. wash with only water (or angel mama baby earth nappy rash soap if you think you need something extra) dry very very well (give some nappy off time if possible)then put on thrush cream then once that is absorbed some barrier cream
3. wash all nappies and wipes at 60
4. strip all you nappies and wash with NO detergent for a bit (build up wont cause thrush, but will make it worse)
5. as much nappy off time as poss
6 we used disp at night for a few days after rash was all clear and re introduced cloth slowly, also keep using thrush cream for 7-10 days after rash has gone
7. probiotic powder - costs a fortune (Ã‚Â£15 for a packet) but i have added tiny amounts to his milk for a few weks, and has really helped his poos not to give hm thrush again as soon as he poos. packet seems to be lasting a long time at least
8. just try to make everything at natural as poss. i have switched to wool instead of PUL, but i wont give up my pockets so have made sure all filling is natural, tried silver liner, dont know if it worked (rash was ok by then!!) but have been putting it in his night nappy just incase anyway!
9....had another but cant remeber it!! yes, i bought new very good quality fleece and made oversized liners, they have been good too! paper didn't make it worse...will now use when out..but new fleece is fab.
i really hope some of this helps, i cant tell you what an awful time we had of thrush and nappy rash...also must admit that a small part of it may have been caused by slightly too small nappies (in my case pockets) rubbing and not letting air in.
please ask more qus, and i'm sorry i have rambled on and hope some of it makes sense, i am meant to only be lurking today,, but couldn'y let someone go thru what i have if there is anything i can say to help!