hf1

Night time nappies

My avatar
Bluetomato
Clothie
Clothie

Night time nappies

Postby Bluetomato » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:40 pm

I need a nightime nappy for my little boy, who does the biggest wees ever! Hes in disposables at night but sometimes wets through them by the morning. Since hes in reusables during the day, im thinking why not nightime as well! I do have a baby beehind hemp nappy (in a gorgeous blue colour!) but we havn't tried that yet. But if anyone has any advice on any other nappies that are good for little boys who wee alot, i'd be really greatful! I havn't got a lot of money, so can't really afford to by lots of different ones to try, but if theres one you use on your lc, that works really well, then i'd love to hear about it!

Thanks, Vicki

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Night time nappies

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:58 pm

Our failsafe was always the night-notion (old style) but I've not tried the new style, there should be a fair few preloved old-style ones floating about...

Also puddlepants weedies are fab as you can stuff them with loads and they still fit well and they're not as pricey as they don't come with an insert (tho' she sells those too)

If you're after a pocket for nights you can't get better than a standard minki pocket (slinki minkis aren't as generously cut) stuffed with bamboo and hemp under that.

Your baby beehind hemp nappy will need prewashing (12 washes to reach full absorbency but perfectly usable after 1or2) before it's good at night and you might need a bamboo booster in it too...

Other than that I would say look into wool wraps at night as they cope better with heavy wetters than PUL where the wee seems to squish out of the sides.

Hope that helps a little :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:03 pm

We use fuzzi bunz at night with a fuzzi insert, easypeasy hemp insert thingy and a hourglass shaped hemp booster (I think it's hemp), Gracie has always been a moderate wetter but is getting heavier by the day. We alo have a couple of weenotions NN trhat I bought pre-loved from here and they are fab, Gracie is in a large even though she is only 18lbs or so but it does the job really well, plenty of room to stuff, we use wool shorties over it also bought pre-loved from here and it is fab plus has a very cute factor. I have just ordered a bumhugger to see what it is like, will let you know.

Happy New Year

Kirsty xx

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:11 pm

I love minki pockets stuffed with as much as I can get in there (a lot :shock: ) for overnight, I also use a wee notions northern lights with a little extra boosting and find thay works great for us :wink:

jan x

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:16 pm

we use a mixture of things under wool, but a baby beehind with a hemp booster folded in half and put at the front of the nappy and the long insert foldedin 3 to the front works for my heavy wetting boy :D

My avatar
Bluetomato
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Bluetomato » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:19 pm

Thanks so much for your replies! Have been looking at nightnotions and seperate pul wrap, minki pockets and kiwi kwick flips. But I have to say the wee notions are looking the favourite so far :) Im also looking at wool wraps, but im not sure if im brave enough, they look a little complicated!
I didn't realise just how many different nappies there are out there, I want to spend soooo much money :shock: Seriously thinking about dipping into my savings! :wink:

Vicki
x

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Wool isn't all that scary, and there is a lot of advice on using it on this board. It is the best cover for with night notions. The nappies aren't nearly as wet as when using PUL. If you do want to use PUL over a night notion and have a heavy wetter, then motherease airflows are the best. I got wicking up the front of pj's wih a lot of the other wraps that were fine in the days.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:17 pm

i often use a bambeasy with a hemp or bamboo booster, or a night notion (and the new ones are fab!) and a wool soaker or longies on top. wool is really easy to use, and works well for heavy wetters :D mortherease or weenotions pul wraps are my faves when the woollies need washed. xx

My avatar
elmosgirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby elmosgirl » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:23 am

I use Drybees fleece night nappies which work great for us (although i have a girl) fairly cheap as well.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat