hf1

What detergent do you use?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

What detergent do you use?

Postby Amanda » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:06 am

A few months ago I started using Asda's own brand washing tablets and they seem to clean just as well as anything else. I use 2 in 1 with conditioner on clothes, and sensitive unperfumed for nappies. Recently I've found it pretty much impossible to rinse nappies though. After three or four rinses there are still suds in the machine. I only use one tablet per wash, and in fact I didn't even use detergent in my last wash as I thought there'd probably be enough build up to wash them (don't know if that's manky :oops: , but they still looked and smelled clean after!).

In the past I used Ecover liquid, but read a post on here about liquid gumming up your machine so switched to powder. I haven't tried Ecover powder though. Perhaps powder's better than tablets, as then I could just use a minimal amount. Except I'm trying to be good and save money by using own brand stuff (although I'd rather be doing my bit to save the planet and use Ecover, but needs must...)

Just wondered what the rest of you use.

I'm also inclined to think there's loads of gunk in the machine as it's about 10 years old, but I did a maintenance wash just before the last nappy wash so have done my best to clear it. What else can I do?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: What detergent do you use?

Postby Mareth » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:13 am

I was using Lidl own brand for my general washes, but found it rubbish. I now use Ariel or Bold2in1 for my normal washing and Bold2in1 for nappies.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:18 am

I use Ecover liquid (haven't heard about it gumming up machines) and Bold infusions for nappies. Do you do your maintenance washes detergent free at 90 degrees?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:26 am

Jasminesmummy wrote:I use Ecover liquid (haven't heard about it gumming up machines) and Bold infusions for nappies. Do you do your maintenance washes detergent free at 90 degrees?

Yes, so can't see how there'd be any build up left after that. Strange :?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:50 am

I used Bold for my nappies.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:53 am

I use Sainsburys own brand big box bio for nappies (1 tablespoon) and Lidl colour for our clothes as it was cheap and seems to work really well. The odd wash with the lidl powder too for nappies.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:58 pm

I use Ariel tablets for everything :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:36 pm

I also use Ariel tablets for everything at the moment - I have found it is the best for getting clean at low temperatures. No problems with my nappies either

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Strange, I had just come on here to post the same question.

I use the new Ariel liquid gel stuff on our clothes, fairy non bio for Gracies stuff and her nappies. I was using ecover for the nappies but I HATE the smell of it, I was going round blaming the dog for being stinky when nappies were drying inside!!!!!! I only use the tiniest amounts of fairy liquid in my nappy wash though and I also have some bambinex nappy wash powder which is good but doesn't have that nice washing smell!!!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat