hf1

What detergent do you use?

My avatar
Bluetomato
Clothie
Clothie

Re: What detergent do you use?

Postby Bluetomato » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Ive had real problems with my machine - the powder type tablets won't dissolve unless they are in the drum with the washing and normal powder doesn't dissolve properly and goes all gooey in the drawer! I think its because ive got a cold fill machine. So I tend to use washing liquid for Harrisons nappies - sainsburys or tescos own, whatevers cheapest! For clothes I use the liquid capsules which work out really expensive but seem to give a better clean.

Vicki
x

My avatar
EeeGee1610
Clothie
Clothie

Postby EeeGee1610 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:57 pm

I use Fairy Non-Bio (tablets) for all normal washing, and Surcare powder (15ml) with 5ml of Boots own anti-bac powder stuff for the nappies.

No probs with build up.
Last edited by EeeGee1610 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:03 pm

I use Asda own brand big box, about 15ml (ish). Never had a problem with build up.

The last time I had a problem was when I did use tablets back at the start of using cloth nappies. It always seemed like too much detergent.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:55 pm

tanya2007 wrote:The last time I had a problem was when I did use tablets back at the start of using cloth nappies. It always seemed like too much detergent.

I think that might be the problem, I only use one tablet for all our clothes washes too and it seems plenty. Think I'll just get some own brand powder and can then just put in a smidgen.

Thanks everyone for the replies :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:59 pm

I was using ariel tablets, but breaking them in half, and only using half a tablet for the wash. I found that it was very easy to use too much.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:04 pm

You prob have it sussed with a full tablet being too much detergent!

Initially I used Fairy, then Tesco own brand but at the end I used Bold 2 in 1 and found that the best for getting them clean and smelling nice too.

Sadie xx

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:16 pm

I've avoided 2 in 1s for the nappies as I didn't want to use conditioner on them. Don't 2 in 1s affect the nappies in the same way as liquid conditioners?

Good grief, how come I'm asking such basic questions after more than two years of cloth nappy use :? :roll: :lol:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:31 pm

Bold is a clay based conditioner if I thinking correctly, and doesn't affect nappies (and towels) like other 2 in 1's.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:31 pm

Amanda wrote:I've avoided 2 in 1s for the nappies as I didn't want to use conditioner on them. Don't 2 in 1s affect the nappies in the same way as liquid conditioners?

Not Bold apparently. Isn't the conditioner in it supposed to be clay based instead of the claggy (technical Geordie term :hohoho: ) stuff that most use.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat