Re waterproofing wraps?

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re waterproofing wraps?

Postby moonfruit » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi

Not sure if this is a totally stupid question but here goes :? I have bought a couple of gorgeous pre-loved Lovebums wraps and they get wet at the front after about 1 1/2. The pul fabric looks cracked. Can I re waterproof. They are both Winnie the Pooh fabric (big fav in our house) so really want them to work.

Thanks in advance, Lisa x

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Re waterproofing wraps?

Postby Frances » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:53 pm

I think you can put PUL in the dryer on hot for 10 mins or so - it might allow the cracks to melt slightly and reseal.
Last edited by Frances on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Yes - there's been a few posts about this in the past...

Do you have a tumble-drier? Best way to do it is to give them a short hot tumble (10mins or so) and that kinda re-sets the material...

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:55 pm

Great minds... :)

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:42 pm

I seem to think I've tumble dried Benjamin's Lovebums wrap that has Bob the Builder on it, and still pretty hopeless - gets totally soaked quite quickly. Maybe their wraps with cotton outers just don't hold up? I have a couple of solid/girly coloured Lovebums, which are more of a normal PUL type fabric (rather than the cotton) and they work just fine, and actually look like they're more used. So I've begun to think the Bob wrap might just be for teddy bears to wear, rather than functioning as a wrap. :hohoho: But then again, I'm no expert on these things....just seems I don't get on very well with cotton/PUL backed wraps/nappies, etc!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:12 am

Cotton outer things do tend to wick more although I never had a problem with the weenotions cotton outer wraps but I know some people can't get any cotton outer ones to work for them... :?

Sounds like there'll be a few well dressed teddies around :hohoho:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:54 am

there is a spray you can get that will re-waterproof things.. I think you can buy it from outdoor clothing type places....

jan x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat