hf1

What material do you recommend?

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What material do you recommend?

Postby frankie_n_baby » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Very helpful replies. I am now debating whether to go for size 1 (10 kit) little lambs in bamboo or in cotton to start. I can't decide. I like the benefits of bamboo and shouldn't be not too bad in terms of drying (I hope!) but am wondering whether cotton might not stay softer for longer and the fact that they dry easier is also attractive. :? Do bamboo ones generally go stiffer over time, even if you don't tumble dry?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:18 pm

I have a bamboo and a cotton little lamb, I bought them both preloved and the cotton is in much better condition, I don't know what use was like before me but the cotton one is like new and the bamboo looks well used, that said, all my other bamboo nappies, night notions, bamboozles and northern lights, have all aged very well so it's hard to say!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:39 pm

oohh tricky one :? :?

I found the cotton ones went stiffer if line dried, but stayed nice and soft if tumbled (a little bold 2 in one never hurts either :wink: ), the bamboo stayed nice and soft whether line dried or tumbled. The cotton ones I had were a smaller fit than the bamboo ones, and the bamboo were slimmer and less bulky.

In terms of how well they last, I have to say I have had both styles from new and for as long as I had them the wear on them was minimal for both fabrics. I have never bought pre-loved in either so have no idea what prolonged use would be like on them

jan x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:20 pm

JanX wrote:oohh tricky one :? :?

I found the cotton ones went stiffer if line dried, but stayed nice and soft if tumbled (a little bold 2 in one never hurts either :wink: ), the bamboo stayed nice and soft whether line dried or tumbled. The cotton ones I had were a smaller fit than the bamboo ones, and the bamboo were slimmer and less bulky.

jan x

How odd our bamboo one is much smaller than the cotton, the cotton one she still wears with the tabs overlapped!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat