Swim Nappies?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Swim Nappies?

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:29 pm

Hi guys,

Sadly weenotions aren't doing swim nappies anymore so...

I need any good suggestions for a swim nappy for Isabelle... I'm buying her a wetsuit as she really seems to feel the cold in the water, and don't particularly fancy using dipos under it!!

Cheers

Steph

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:38 pm

We have a Happy Nappy as this is what we have to use for our swimming lessons. Supposed to be very reliable, although, despite going swimming every Saturday since last October, Charlotte has not done a single poo in that time :D So can't really comment on it, but then it is what the swim school insist on and they should know.

They also do a "Baby Wrap" which is supposed to keep them nice and warm.

makesachange.co.uk/cat--Baby-Swim-Nappies-by-Splash-About-the-famous-Happy-Nappy--catswimnappies.html

Otherwise I can't help you. I wouldn't trust those disposable swim nappies anyway, they are very flimsy and as with normal disps, I doubt they would contain things as well as cloth.

My avatar
flamesparrow
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby flamesparrow » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:21 pm

I used a mother of eden one for the first couple of times last week - its really nice, nice n slim, but still seems snug enough round the legs for containment.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:40 pm

Have you got any pics of those?
Noticed them on the site but there weren't any pics...

Ta :D

My avatar
Melh27
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Melh27 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:31 am

Steph,

aqua babies insist you use a sposie swim nappy with a slash about happy nappy over the top, as they say with the 2 nothing will leak.

George has never pooh'd when swimming though.

Blooming MArvellous sell the outer bit too.

Mel xxx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:47 am

Looks like it might have to be a happy nappy then...

Funny that - I think most babies don't poo when swimming...

My avatar
flamesparrow
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby flamesparrow » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:06 pm

I'll get the camera out in a minute and sort out pics :lol:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:10 pm

Hi

I'm sure you don't actually need a swim nappy as such! I was told by the lady that runs the local swim tots that if a baby wees in the pool then the chlorine etc will sort it out and kill it off (so to speak!!) and apparently babies rarely poo in water anyway, but as long as you have something on baby to stop any solid poops from popping oout then that was fine!

I used to take my son swimming in either a knackered nature babies wrap that is no longer waterproof so useless as a wrap!! or his all in one wetsuit type thing with nothing under it.

btw..was nice meeting you today!

jan x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:58 pm

Well this is it - it's just for poo catching really...

We've got a boots cute swim nappy but it's 9-12 and a bit small now (bites into her legs) so I was looking for something to pop under her wetsuit...

I guess an empty pocket would probably do the trick just as well!!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat