My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Fitted PBPD

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:12 pm

Evening,

Has anyone got a fitted PBPD? If so, how do you rate them? Have a custom slot booked and can't decide what to get. Was thinking just to get pockets, but there are so many lovely prints in cotton fabrics I'm considering a fitted. I know that they do two material nappies, but it doesn't seem to be a border cut like on a WN - the cotton fabric seems to be around the back of the leg holes and I'm worried about wicking (DD can be a heavy wetter). Any advice?

Thanks,
Nichola

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Fitted PBPD

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:24 pm

Not sure as I've not been lucky enough to try a PBPD but bumping incase someone else can...

If in doubt avoid the cotton just-incase as you don't want to 'waste' a custom slot!!
Never tried her fitteds either though I'm afraid

My avatar
Jamling
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Jamling » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:42 pm

Personally I would avoid the cotton outers if your little one is a heavy wetter - mine is. I had 2 absolutely stunning PBPD front snap pockets with half minkee and half cotton outers and I was gutted to find that they wicked :cry: :cry: so they had to go. Her nappies are really nice and it would be a shame to get them and then find they didn't suit. I would go for some fitteds but then my boy can be a very heavy wetter and I've more or less given up on pockets now.

HTH

Nikki

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Natalie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:51 pm

When i did the last coop one of the girls got a pocket fitted with minkee outer shes quite happy with it.

How many are you down for?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:58 pm

Why don't you ask her to do a boarder cut for you?
When I got my first WN with a boarder cut it was before they were actually on the web site, and I can remember trying to explain how I wanted the cotton fabric on a minki nappy, but only to go down a certain length at the back.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks, all.

That's just what I've decided to do, Rae! I've asked Jen to do a border cut and ensure that the minkee covers all the leg holes. So I now have two pocket nappies on order. :wine:

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Natalie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Ohhh what did you choose ive just ordered 2 training pants hoping Jen can do a boarder cut with them but not sure if it will work with trainers x

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm getting two medium long pockets. One has a pink tie dye minkee on the bum, a hot pink minkee on the front and cobalt minkee on the inside. Then it will have a blue pig embroidered on the bum and pink snaps.

The other nappy has a cotton fabric with koi fish on a purple background in a border cut on the bum, then a purple minkee front and a citrus slush minkee inner. I've left Jen to choose the snap colour on this one (expecting either orange or purple snaps).

Stoopidly excited about getting them! :lol:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat