Help with sizing/ long rise baby

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Help with sizing/ long rise baby

Postby northernruth » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:20 pm

Hello all, some advice needed

My DD Martha is coming up for 20 months old and is a tall one! but a bit skinny, expecially around the waist/ top hip area. I have just had to sell all my Modern Baby Pop ins which are supposed to be birth to potty because they were pinching around her legs - I'm sure the problem is the rise

So does anyone have any suggestions for nappies which might be worth a try? Obviously I'm hoping that she will be potty training in the summer so don't want to go mad; my Fuzzis still fit well and look like they will for a good while, I also have BBSS (good fit now but look like it might be grown out of soonish) BBOS (good fit) large pocket bot and large Upsy Daisy(both too big really but ok under trousers) and a load of BGs which are a good fit, realiable etc but a bit boring :? Oh and I also have a largeHH and a large Drybees, again both are a bit on the big side. When I say they are big, they just look awkward on her, not trim and the inserts bunch up between her legs when wet, which looks uncomfortable. They don't leak

I have just got a lovely WNSS in Large which I haven't tried for size yet (saving it for my day off :lol: ) but there's a limit to how many of those I can run to. Also have a couple of GKs which again are great but look to be getting on the small side

So basically it seems that one size/ BTP nappies are too small and the large sized nappies are too big! Any bright ideas????

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Help with sizing/ long rise baby

Postby Rae » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:26 pm

Pocket bots M/L sppring to mind they have the rise of a L, and the waist of a M

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Yes that rings a bell but can't find the website at the moment - do you know the address? Also do they only do customs? (I am too impatient to wait long!)

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:01 pm

Duh - classic mummy brain there. I was thinking of PBPDs. Thanks ladies will check out the pocket bots site, I like our large one. Anyone know the web address for PBPDs? What are they like for reliability?

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Oh dear I just enabled myself browsing there, didn't realise they now do wraps, I simply must try one :lol:
As for PBPD she sometimes stocks here: http://hyenacart.com/buddhabellies/
but the main site is here:
http://www.potbelliedpigdesigns.ca/pages/home.htm

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:42 pm

Just ordered a pocket bots in the M/L, off to look at the PBPD. THink I have not got one before because they have so many nice prints that are cotton, which doesn't work for us, but I have gone for the plain PUL. THe large one we got pre loved is really nice so I am hopeful that the sizing will work for us

p.s. sorry about the spending on wraps.............. :hohoho:

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:01 pm

That's alright I needed to find some UK wahm ones anyway as I just spent £14 on one wrap from the US :oops: , I had stopped buying from US because of the exchange rate but couldn't resist this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fishnoodle ... 928490734/
Glad you've found something too :D

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:04 pm

Upsy Daisy now available in m/l. I asked Fiona to make some for Cole in that size as he too is between sizes.

They fit brilliantly now where mediums were too low in the rise but larges way too big.

Hope that helps!

Helen xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat