hf1

what do you think??

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:54 pm

Beck - not that I have any experience of nb cloth, but I thought I would show off my newborn list (inc the new purchases you MADE me get :lol: )

Wraps - 2 x rikki xs, 7 newborn bummis wraps (velcro) then 2 x s rikki and lots of little lambs etc etc.

Nappies - 1 bimble, 1 micro diddy diaper, 1 cotton diddy diaper, 1 size 1 fluffle (with poppers for size 0), 16 x 40 x 40cm bamboo squares and 4 prefolds.

As for the slightly larger ones lots of bg's - the hemp babies little weeds are the rec insert for 8 to 10 lbs and other nappies in size 1 which I can fold down and nippa if needed.

I'm planning as this is my first to be overwhelmed by everything and in winter it takes ages for any washing to dry (24 hours if lucky, 36 more like it) and wanted to do cloth 100% and not panic if its dry or if I'm in hospital waiting on dh to do the washing etc etc. and have enough to get behind - we also have cheaper elec overnight, so that knocks onto washing and therefore drying time as I'm too tight to pay huge elec bills :shock:

I have packed in 1st baby bag already folded (yes packed and folded :D ) 10 squares, bimble, and lots of wraps and fleece liners and wet bag (and 3 sets of bodysuit and sleepsuit and 1 snowsuit). Oh also got a plastic box and washable wipes and nippas. Then already got next bag done which has the 6 squares, 4 prefolds, 4 bg's with hemp weeds, 2 bumbles, 1 bambeasy. In the last resort bag while dh is doing washing and if I am still in are the size 1 little lambs with little lamb wraps. I figured then dh can bring me in clean nappies and was working on the assumption of about 10 a day.

I'll have to add my new purchases in, but thought at least I could have fun doing nappy changes if that's all I have left to be in charge of and of course I have no size thing to base anything on.

Annette

Ps I am also trying not to get too many tiny things just incase as there was a baby in the newspaper yesterday who weighed 14lbs at birth and was 2 foot long :shock:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:17 pm

Annette78 wrote:Ps I am also trying not to get too many tiny things just incase as there was a baby in the newspaper yesterday who weighed 14lbs at birth and was 2 foot long :shock:

definately a good plan, also to see things like leg size etc which can effect which nappies work best for you!

14lbs and 2 ft long :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :? I hope the poor woman had a cs!!!

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:22 pm

clothmama wrote:
Annette78 wrote:Ps I am also trying not to get too many tiny things just incase as there was a baby in the newspaper yesterday who weighed 14lbs at birth and was 2 foot long :shock:

definately a good plan, also to see things like leg size etc which can effect which nappies work best for you!

14lbs and 2 ft long :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :? I hope the poor woman had a cs!!!

Nope, and she did it on gas and air. dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/womenfamily.html?in_article_id=474551&in_page_id=1799

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:49 pm

Did you read the rest of that article - the biggest baby ever weighed 23lb - that is nearly what Charlotte weighs now :shock: :shock: :shock:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:50 am

Goodness me that just makes you cringe doesn't it :shock: I just had to post it on my dec bb I bet it scares a few first timers :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:20 am

I can't believe that they didn't pick up on it!!! Here in France you get a late scan to check the position and the size is OK so that mother and baby arn't put in any danger. Seems irresponsible to be of the medical system.

As far as the birth all I can say is aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:04 am

I agree they probably should have known - we don't get a scan after 20 weeks here but if there is a reason for it then they do do a late one - if it is breach or on the large or small side, or very overdue.

But it does just go to show - sometimes, they are too quick to opt for the ceasarian. The article said that had they known then that would have been the automatic reaction but then she gave birth naturally. So it is a difficult one, yes it may put mother and baby in more danger but I do think that sometimes casearian is seen as the right thing to do too quickly and that is why they are on the increase.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat