hf1

what do you think??

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

what do you think??

Postby beck » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:26 am

Just having a look at what sort of nappies I'd like to get for baby and wanted to know would I be better getting smalls or Xsmalls? Hannah and Phebie were 7pounds 2 and 7pound 7 so chances are that this one will be roughly the same what do you think???? And if you could recommend one newborn nappy what would it be.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:59 am

this isn't a reccommendation, cos i havent tried it, but i have decided that when i have a baby i willo splash out on one weeny wonder wee notions in bamboo covered with velour for its first nappy! how could a baby be sad to be out of the womb when it gets to wear something so pretty!! (and yummy!)
shevi
ps. i didn't start til 5 months, so cant really be useful here

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:30 am

I'd say smalls - Ruby's nearly 8lbs now and her bimbles and things all fit fine. Personally, my favourite is a Fuzzi! Hated all the two parts, because even now that she's big enough (and I thought bimbles were supposed to fit from day one?) they're still a crappy fit! And the drying time too... Fuzzis all the way!

I have had 2 leaks in Fuzzis - both at night when I've left her too long without a change and she's out-weed it and wicked. A poo has never escaped - ever!

Maybe a couple of teeny weeny newborn nappies, just because they're so sweet! But smalls should be an OK fit, if a little bulky at first.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:07 am

Thats interesting that you didn't get on with the Bimbles Em, I LOVED mine!! I bought Louis home from hospital in his with an xs rikki wrap and it was lovely and he was only 6 1/2 lbs (3kg) when we left the hospital.

Next time I plan to use a mix of Bumgenius, bimbles, fuzzis. Don't bother with Kissaluvs, I found them rubbish in terms of how bulky they were and how long they took to dry with not great absorbency. The other nappies I really liked were the Ellas house hemp ones, they were one of the first that fitted him well and the last ones he was in in size 1, very very slim too. I bought a EH hemp print one it it came up smaller than the plain so I may get some of them next time too (not as absorbent as the normal ones though). I will probably get some small bamboo terry sqaures as well, I didn't try them at all with Louis as a tiny baby but I know better now after I used Bright Bots later on. I do have a couple of plain terry nb squares and they are so perfect in pockets that you would use them all later anyway.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:12 am

Tory was it you that tried the Bumgenius on a newborn? What size was the bub? and do they still fit Louis well.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:17 am

Yes, I put it on my nb niece, she was probably about 8.5 lbs at the time and they fitted really nicely and that was just with the normal insert and I understand that you can put a smaller insert in with smaller babies to make them even trimmer. Louis has been on the largest setting for about 2 months and I would say unless he is a huge toddler or trains late then it should be fine till potty training. They are the best btp nappies I've tried and that is why I will get a couple more when I get our next baby. :D :D Can't wait!! Only 5 more cycles til we start trying!!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:19 am

oooooooooo how exciting for you. I'm thinking of getting all the colours then both the bubbas can use them :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:27 am

good plan, not like there is that many to get either!!!!! :lol: :lol: I really wish they would do some more brighter colours and prints!!

the only thing I slightly dont' like is that they are not the easiest nappy to stuff, the inside is a bit grippy and I have huge hands so its a bit just getting it all in but I manage!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:32 am

I did see that their weren't many colours but the good thing is that they are mostly boyish colours I want blue blue blue for this little one :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat