hf1

Why am I averse to cotton

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Why am I averse to cotton

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:11 am

Cotton is a bit bulkier for the absorbency than the other fabrics too...
It's not antibacterial like bamboo either...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:15 am

Velvetsteph wrote:Cotton is a bit bulkier for the absorbency than the other fabrics too...

What a good answer!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:19 am

flutterby wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:Cotton is a bit bulkier for the absorbency than the other fabrics too...

What a good answer!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:54 am

If its any consolation i neve use it either- no really reason just seem to pick other nappies first :mrgreen: I have got 2 quick flips which i used to use a lot but recently they haven't seen the light of day...... i always go for, baboozle, wn (although waiting for next size up) nl, bamboo baby beehinds or flexitot as first choices in fitteds and usually don't ever get to rest of my stash :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:51 pm

im the same lol!! only now that ive realised Molly isnt a very heavy wetter, ive dared to buy 4 Swaddlebees OS OCV. otherwise cotton nappies just arent as appealing. they seem soo crunchy without tumbledrying and i have enough of them to cover another baby's bum. maybe i should be charitable and offer them all FFP or donate them to charity! but i probably wont :oops: i prefer bamboo also, as hemp gets too hard without tumbledrying too. xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Oh swaddlebees are ok, I love them and they are super absorbent!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:39 pm

gayleygoo wrote:im the same lol!! only now that ive realised Molly isnt a very heavy wetter, ive dared to buy 4 Swaddlebees OS OCV. otherwise cotton nappies just arent as appealing. they seem soo crunchy without tumbledrying and i have enough of them to cover another baby's bum. maybe i should be charitable and offer them all FFP or donate them to charity! but i probably wont :oops: i prefer bamboo also, as hemp gets too hard without tumbledrying too. xx

I agree with Hanna, Swaddlebees are super absorbent and super trim, I love them! They even last the night with us, with the snap-in booster, though I don't tend to use them for that as we have decicated night nappies. :lol:

Tumble-drying really does make a difference with softness - don't know if you dare (I do!) but you can also use a natural fabric softener like Ecover (half a capful makes a HUGE difference!), or I think some people use Bold 2-in-1?

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat