Questions on fleece liners and washing

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Questions on fleece liners and washing

Postby afterglow » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:01 am

Separate questions!

I have little lamb fleece liners, which are great. Can I use them in nappies that already have a fleece/suedecloth inside like bumgenius AIO, or would that be pointless/counterproductive? We are having a run of teething nappies.

Is it really bad to wash with low quantities of bio rather than non-bio? See above re teething nappies...

Thank you!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Questions on fleece liners and washing

Postby Annette » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:03 am

I always wash in bio - I find it gets things much cleaner than non bio. As long as you ensure it is all rinsed out then it shouldn't cause any problems.

And yes you can use fleece liners in already fleece lined nappies if it makes things easier, I have done it without any trouble :D

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:42 am

Thank you! I always run an extra rinse. I can also set my machine to do 5 rinses rather than 3 as standard, so might do that.

Can I ask another fleece question please? My Bambinex Teddies that arrived today :P have a separate booster that is fleecy on one side and smooth on the other. The inside of the nappy is fleecy. Does it matter which way up I put the booster? Thank you.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:44 pm

I've found that I get leaks when I use fleece directly on top of a fleece liner - two layers of fleece together tends to make a waterproof layer - Twinkleontheweb say:

It's worth noting that if you're using a fleece lined nappy or pocket nappy, you won't need a separate fleece liner as the 2 layers of fleece will often tend to repel the wee between the layers and may cause leaks.

You might be better with flushable paper liners.

I tend to use fleecy boosters fleece side up as they make a dry layer next to the bottom.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:19 pm

I always use fleece liners in every nappy including fleece lined and suedecloth and we never get leaks :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:41 pm

I would always use a bio powder, as we got rashes with non-bio.
Most of the time we would have used a little lamb fleece liner in BG's and other pockets. We never had problems with leaks.

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:59 pm

I think you experiment with a few different combinations of nappy +/- liners and work out what's best for you. Same with washing - we got sore bums with bio, but ok with non-bio.

I currently use mainly pockets (most fleece/suedecloth inners) with seperate fleece liners to make poop disposal easier and prevent staining. So far working well for us :) .

Becky x

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:25 pm

I found fleece liners on my fleece-lined Fuzzi's caused leaks and more wet against his skin. So I use paper liners because toddler poo is sooooo yuck!!!! :shock:

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:26 pm

Oh and always 1 bio tablet and lots of rinses...!!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat