hf1

Night nappies

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Night nappies

Postby kt24 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:20 am

Zac's nappy managed to leak three times last night! We were using a folded down bumble but clearly this is not absorbant enough. I tried adding a booster but it was too wide between his legs and made it really bulky to lie on for him. What do you think I should try instead. He's 11 weeks and 12 lb.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:23 am

bamboo kiwi quick flip, best night nappy i own, or if you really like the bumble, easy peasy maje the same out of bamboo called the bambeasy, its also good, but i find the kiwi more absorbant (needs no boosting, only a fleece liner) and a better fit
hth
shevi

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:28 am

Thanks! I was looking at the quick flip website wondering what they were like. Oh dear, looks like I just might have to buy another nappy! :lol:

What's it like for drying time? I had some size 0 Bambeasies and they took forever to dry. I guess these are quite fast as they fold out?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:33 am

I was having to stuff bumbles at that age too. I use a EH hemp booster and a mf cloth and this combo is not too bulky, I still use the same combo now!!

The other nappy I love is the Stuffie hemp/terry - it is fully fleece lined like the bumble and very absorbent and slim for a night nappy.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:51 am

I agree with Tory about the hemp & terry stuffie - it is very versatile.

Don't know about the bamboo QF yet as I only have a cotton one and that isn't absorbent enough for overnight, but I have a pink tye die one on order from Bumfluff. You can also order the tye die in boy colours too - bit more expensive than buying direct from Little Kiwi but way more exciting.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:03 am

bamboo QF takes about the same amount of time as the outside of the bambeasy to dry, but not as long as th 3 layer booster if that helps at all!?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:35 pm

Not very helpful I know but at that age I was still changing Isabelle in the night...

It might be worth waiting until he cuts down on the night feeds before trying to go 12hours in a nappy... How long are they lasting at the moment?

Steph

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:02 pm

He goes down at 7pm ish and I change him at 11.30 when I feed him. Then I try to avoid changing him when he wakes a three ish then change him at 7am. Last night his clothes were soaked every time he woke!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:24 am

Now that's power wetting!!

I do like my bambeasys (BTP nippa version) but if you don't have a tumble drier or sunshine they do take forever to dry...

Perhaps you just need to work on some slim boosting like hemp or a slim bamboo booster?

You say his clothes are soaked - what do you put on as a wrap and what does he wear over the top?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat