hf1

Weenotions - no cotton fabric?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Weenotions - no cotton fabric?

Postby charlibunny » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:43 pm

thankyou I think i will email suzanne because i need to ask her for a snap in booster for my night notions as mine preloved never came with one :shock:

Erm answer to your question... best wraps in my opinion are Weenotions, or motherease (or the popolini cheaper version) :)

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:46 pm

I seem to remember that they might not have cotton outers as an option because of the risk of wicking with them, but I thought was only for the pockets, not the wraps as their cotton outer wraps are always so reliable...

I'd email Suzanne :D

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:48 pm

oooh good point Marijke!! But then a gain the two preloved WN wraps i have, i could have sworn they are cotton? I have a brown and pink butterfly one and a japanese YOSHI one.
I have Emailed Anyway :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:53 pm

I never had a problem with my cotton or lycra weenotions wraps wicking but my cotton pocket wicked relatively quickly (well after 2-3hrs)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I never had a problem with my cotton or lycra weenotions wraps wicking but my cotton pocket wicked relatively quickly (well after 2-3hrs)

Same here.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:57 pm

Kirstyh wrote:What wraps do everyone recommend in gerneral, we ae stepping into the world of fitteds so will need some wraps, pretty ones ofcourse :hohoho:

I'm really into wool now too, it's much softer and less bulky on Jasmine than PUL wraps, plus needs washing much less often. Jasmine went for 5 hours in a MEOS with a wool soaker earlier due to an unscheduled nap, and wasn't clammy like she usually would be in PUL. If you do go for a WN wrap, I'd avoid large, I got one as Jasmine is almost at the bottom end of the weight range, the same as Gracie, but it's absolutely massive on her, even with the extra row of poppers they added for me.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks Frances, I was thinking of a large going by their weight range guide but will go for a med when I get round to it, might get my Mum to knit her a skirtie as well. xx

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat