hf1

Ooo not been on here for AGES!!! Newborn nappies???

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Ooo not been on here for AGES!!! Newborn nappies???

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:07 pm

You probably won't remember me lol?!

Anyway Josh is now nearly 4!! Flynn 2 (and still in Fuzzi Bunz :P ) and I have another little man due in May!! :D

I'm after advice on newborn nappies! Have already bought some Imse Vimse AIO's as they were on offer in my catalogue lol! And a day pack of Bamboozles. Has anyone used the Bambinex Teddies? I need some faster drying nappies but dont want to fork out on pockets etc when he will probably outgrow them quickly.....

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Ooo not been on here for AGES!!! Newborn nappies???

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:47 pm

Hi!

i like bumbles and bimbles, diddy diapers and tots bots for their good value as newborn nappies :) flexitots are good too. weenotions northern lights are beautiful nappies :D many people find that size 1 nappies are huge on tiny babies and may not fit properly until 8lbs, so you might want to consider the tiny bimbles or muslin squares for the first few weeks.

i know onesize pockets can seem expensive but they actually work out cheaper in the long run; a size 1 and size 2 tots bots could cost £18, whereas a Bumgenius OS is £15 (and dries sooo quickly!) or even weenotions OS are a bit cheaper than that without embroidery (but then you need to buy an insert). and OS pockets also have the advantage that they dont have to be super-bulky on newborns, the way many size one nappies are.

OS fitted nappies like bambeasies or bumbles are good as again they probably wont need replacing with any bigger nappies, and fold down to fit small babies. Swaddlebees do lovely OS OCV nappies, that are gorgeous and soft, although a bit on the expensive side.

good luck and happy nappy shopping! xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi, congrats on your soon to be new arrival. We have a bambinex teddy and get on great with it. xx

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:10 am

Hi - congrats on baby #3!

We used prefolds until Evie was 6 months old so Ive no experience of using anything else on a littlie. But would agree with Gayle about trying one size birth to potty pockets - they really are brilliant and many do last from about 8lb to potty training. You have a few months to go so giving you plenty of time to have a look out of bargains - preloved you can buy most for about half the price of new.

A few one size brands I really got/get on with:
Bumgenius - although no fancy patterns they were one of my nappy staples - fab!
Weenotions - have only just started to use these on my 2 and a bit year old daughter overnight, the fit is great, and Ive poppered them down to the smallest size and it looks like it would be a great fit on a baby too
Happy Heiny - again not as fancy but a nice fit
Greenkids - the anytimes were brilliant, leak proof nappies, the funtimes were very pretty but not as reliable

If you want to go with quick drying 2 parters, Ive heard the Little Lambs microfibre nappy is a good option.

Happy nappy shopping!

Sadie xx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat