hf1

Wraps for newborns, and baby boy advice?

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Wraps for newborns, and baby boy advice?

Postby jules070603 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:07 pm

Hehe, yep. Point the willy down!!! I found when he was small I didn't worry too much about extra boosting at the front but as he got older it was necessary, particularly while he slept as since he could roll he has been a front sleeper.

I use fleece which I quite like too, its easy to care for (you bung it in the wash with everything else) and it dries fast. I've never had problems with leaking or soaking through. They do need to be changed after each use though.

PUL wise I have bought some xs and small ME wraps (rikki and airflow) and also have a thirsties wrap which looks quite nice. I am going to order a wee notions one too (the special offer where you get a free xs wrap if you buy a small and a norther light). I have also got a hollow oak wrap which is a popper one.

AnnetteandBen wrote:Ben had his first pair of pixie knit longies aged 7 weeks (so 3 weeks adjusted age) and they worked perfectly- occasionally when they were brand new, the colour would wick slightly onto a white sheet and feel slightly damp, but when washed it came out! If I had them earlier, he would have worn them earlier - longies are just the perfect outfit, just a tshirt and a cardigan over the top end! Makes nappy changing really easy too - and poo checks as you can just peer down the back!

Annette, if you can remember, can you tell me what the size the longies were and what weight Ben was when he first wore them. I've ordered some Pixie Knits shorties for bump but am still unsure about the size :? How long did he get to wear them also. Hope you don;t mind the questions. Thanks xxx

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:28 pm

jules070603 wrote:Annette, if you can remember, can you tell me what the size the longies were and what weight Ben was when he first wore them. I've ordered some Pixie Knits shorties for bump but am still unsure about the size :? How long did he get to wear them also. Hope you don;t mind the questions. Thanks xxx

They had 20" hips, 18" rise and 7" legs :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:48 pm

babyroo wrote:
jules070603 wrote:Annette, if you can remember, can you tell me what the size the longies were and what weight Ben was when he first wore them. I've ordered some Pixie Knits shorties for bump but am still unsure about the size :? How long did he get to wear them also. Hope you don;t mind the questions. Thanks xxx

They had 20" hips, 18" rise and 7" legs :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

WSS :wine:

At first Ben wore them with the waist band turned over and the legs turned over too, then the waist band went to normal, then the legs and now they are too small :cry: (But NEVER for sale!) Weight would have been under or around 8lbs (must have been under at about 7 1/2 lbs) he was in newborn size clothes and 0-3 months and then some 3-6 months. I think he outgrew them in March or April so about 5 or 6 months old, but I can't really remember, but I do remember he outgrew them as they wouldn't fit over a boosted night nappy and the length also mattered a little then, I think!

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:09 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Only specific thing I know about boys is to be sure to point the willy DOWN every time you put a nappy on so they don't wee out of the top or sides! :hohoho:

:hohoho: :hohoho: I will!

"The applix little lambs which are my 100% staple work fine" cool! I am also glad to hear more about the sizing etc. Oooo, I am excited now!! Dh LOVES the idea of rainbow woolies- he saw a pic that I showed him, so I think we're onto a winner there! :wink: :lol:

Call me strange, but cloth nappy things are so fun/exciting! :P

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:18 pm

jules070603 wrote:I found when he was small I didn't worry too much about extra boosting at the front but as he got older it was necessary, particularly while he slept as since he could roll he has been a front sleeper.

I use fleece which I quite like too, its easy to care for (you bung it in the wash with everything else) and it dries fast. I've never had problems with leaking or soaking through. They do need to be changed after each use though.

PUL wise I have bought some xs and small ME wraps (rikki and airflow) and also have a thirsties wrap which looks quite nice. I am going to order a wee notions one too (the special offer where you get a free xs wrap if you buy a small and a norther light). I have also got a hollow oak wrap which is a popper one.

I've ordered some Pixie Knits shorties for bump but am still unsure about the size

Thanks for the info, Jules. I may have a look at fleece options, too, then. I was unsure whether to get S or XS ME wraps (not ordered yet). I don't want to be left with all wraps that are too big!
Not seen the thirsties ones.

What pixies shorts did you order?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:26 pm

jules070603 wrote:I am going to order a wee notions one too (the special offer where you get a free xs wrap if you buy a small and a norther light).
I'm not sure that special offer is on anymore Jules - last time I looked it had gone and the sizings of the wraps had changed :?

frankie_n_baby wrote:Call me strange, but cloth nappy things are so fun/exciting! :P
Don't think you're going to hear anyone saying that's strange on here ;) :hohoho:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby jules070603 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:01 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
jules070603 wrote:I am going to order a wee notions one too (the special offer where you get a free xs wrap if you buy a small and a norther light).
I'm not sure that special offer is on anymore Jules - last time I looked it had gone and the sizings of the wraps had changed :?

:crossbaby: :crossbaby: :crossbaby: Don't tell me that. I will be so upset if I have to cross that of my list!!!! :babyrolleyes:

frankie_n_baby wrote:Thanks for the info, Jules. I may have a look at fleece options, too, then. I was unsure whether to get S or XS ME wraps (not ordered yet). I don't want to be left with all wraps that are too big!
Not seen the thirsties ones.

What pixies shorts did you order?

My friend had an average sized baby and only had small wraps which she found leaked a lot, she borrowed some of my xsmall ones and they were much better. You'd do well to look for some second hand ones (try here and maybe used nappies) as they don't get worn for long. I got some really good bargains.

I've ordered some custom dyed (Thanks Ali and Annette for your replies :D ) shorties. Can't wait to see what they look like.

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:15 pm

jules070603 wrote:My friend had an average sized baby and only had small wraps which she found leaked a lot, she borrowed some of my xsmall ones and they were much better. You'd do well to look for some second hand ones (try here and maybe used nappies) as they don't get worn for long. I got some really good bargains.

I've ordered some custom dyed (Thanks Ali and Annette for your replies :D ) shorties. Can't wait to see what they look like.

Thanks, I will make sure I get a few smaller ones in, then.
Oo, the shorties sound great- be sure to put a pic of them up when you get them! :D

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:53 pm

With Matthew I used tots wraps and got on fine with these but I've heard a lot of people say they haven't found them reliable..

This time with Evie, I really like her xs weenotions wrap and xs thirsties wrap.

I'd definitely get some size 0 / xs wraps - Matthew was 7lb 6oz at birth, Evie 6lb 15 oz - Matthew fitted in the tiny wraps for ages - size 1s seemed huge! Size 1 / s wraps are massive on Evie at the minute.
But it'll depend on the type of nappy you're using - if it's a bulkier nappy you might need size 1s instead?

Joanne

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat