Advice needed - night time pull ups

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Advice needed - night time pull ups

Postby queen bee » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi Ladies, I need your advice/ideas.

Samuel (3) and Benjamin (4) are completely toilet trained during the day, but are still wet at night. They have been wearing Nature Baby disposable pull-ups to catch any accidents but I want to investigate a cloth alternative. We need a nappy that will pull down just enough so they can do a "stand-up wee-wee" when we lift them at night (they don't need to sit on) I've tried the swaddlebees side snap pockets that I used for day time traing but they have been wet in the morning. I've tried to persuade them into XL sandies with an XL airflow but they get upset about being made to wear nappies. They really are too big to be in nappies.
We have got one minki yoyo XL which seems to work well on Benjamin but is maybe a bit big on Samuel. (I don't know if the L would be too small on him though?) Anyway, I've just discovered BTP pockets like upsy daisy and WN for Lily (3 months) and I'm wonderimg if a WNOS or similar with snaps would work. It would be nice if they could have something gorgeous and a bit special. I tried Lily's Upsy Daisy on him this afternoon and it fitted him fine. (He was not impressed though because it is bright pink lol :hohoho: ) Do you think it will work as a night time pull up? All ideas/ opinions/ suggestions very welcome.
Thanks
Kelly

My avatar
sALLYf104
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Advice needed - night time pull ups

Postby sALLYf104 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:07 pm

I have a similar issue with my almost 5 year old son. He has been dry in the day since he was 2 and a half but is a very deep sleeper and just is nowhere near being dry at night.
I initially had him in disposable pull ups but then thought I would give cloth a go...
What I have found is that the recommended things like Minki Yoyos and ME bedwetter pants are FAR to bulky to fit under PJ bottoms (the ME bedwetter pants practically balloon :hohoho: :hohoho: ) and are actually quite hard for LOs to pull down if they do manage to get to the loo for a wee. To top it all he was wet most mornings so they didn't really perform as expected.
I have resorted back to the dry nites PJ pants :oops: :oops:
I'm not sure that this really helps you - I have also toyed with the idea of SS pockets if I could find one that took enough stuffing. I'd be interested to hear how you get on...
Sally

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:47 pm

I'm not sure how easy a side-snap pocket would be to pull back up again while being tight enough to stop leaks... :?

Could you try Lily's upsy daisy on him overnight and see how it fares? I find pockets sometimes aren't coping with the wee at the moment for Isabelle though when she floods...

My avatar
ruby
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:11 pm

Happy Heinys do stuffable training pants. I know you can get them here http://www.happyheinys.co.uk/cumfyshop/ ... /cPath/127
Not sure if anyone else in the UK sells them though.
Also pocket bots do pocket trainer pants, but don't know how big their sizes go to.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Have you tried the technique described http://www.thenappyline.co.uk Click on the "Through the night page, and down towards the bottom is a section on "Getting dry at night" It's certainly well worth tryi :lol: ng!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:27 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I'm not sure how easy a side-snap pocket would be to pull back up again while being tight enough to stop leaks... :?

The old style weenotions side snaps work well as they are elasticated at the front and the back, I use most pockets on Georgia at night and she can pull them up and down but she is very skinny and has no bum :lol:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat