hf1

Questions - struggling!!

My avatar
slumberlion
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Questions - struggling!!

Postby slumberlion » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Lynni wrote:Are they the right nappies to boost, do I need to go up a size in the wrap if I'm boosting?

You can boost any nappy. You might need to go up a size in wrap if you a boosting alot...eg for an 8 hour stretch over night. Normally you would only boost in the day if your lo is outweeing the nappy...i.e leaking onto clothing. As I said above, its normal for the nappy to be wet. Its not like a disposable....those nasty gel things absorb the wee so you can't see where the liquid is...cloth is completely different!

Lynni wrote:Can you use boosters alone with wraps?

Not really...you;d have less absorbency if you just used a booster rather than using a fitted nappy ...if you know what I mean? Perhaps you're thinking of prefolds when you were in hospital...a rectangle square that you fold into 3 and stick in a wrap...not great for poo containment, esp in non weaned babies...best to stick to fitteds with elastic!! :wink:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:57 pm

as Slumberlion has said, as long as you aren't getting leaks then you are doing great. The nappies will feel sodden when you change them but that is fine and a baby doesn't mind, especially if you use fleecey liners.

If you want to boost then you may need to go up a size with the wraps as they will be larger and more bulky. But just try the nappies on their own for a little longer and see how you go?

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Lynni » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:31 pm

So instead of boosting I'm better to use a liner? Her clothes are dry and the outside of the wrap is dry, the nappy and her skin is sodden. A liner will keep her bum dry then, I have fleece and flushables.... would fleece be best as she is still young?

Thanks again!! x

My avatar
slumberlion
Clothie
Clothie

Postby slumberlion » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:34 pm

Yes fleece would keep her skin dryer...but its fine that the nappy is sodden...and its not bad for the baby to have wet skin xx

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:45 pm

slumberlion wrote:Yes fleece would keep her skin dryer...but its fine that the nappy is sodden...and its not bad for the baby to have wet skin xx

WSS :D

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Lynni wrote:Ok cheers :wine: Clothes aren't wet, but the nappy is wet. At first I got confused between a wet nappy and a nappy that felt damp because she must be warmer wearing cloth. Wraps remain dry though? I've had a check through my stash and I've got some boosters already, some hemp and some are terry cotton/fleece topped. If I had a booster between the nappy and the wrap does this effect the wrap in anyway? Will it make her clothes bulkier? I'm quite lazy and as she is still so tiny she spends alot of her time atm in sleepsuits :oops: :lol: I have noticed abit of a cloth bum though!

I have a Bambinex 'teddy' type nappy but the nature baby wrap I put on must have been too small, as she couldn't straighten her legs - even though Babykind recomend NB wraps? Any ideas how I can get round this

Thank you! x

Recent research has proved that babies are actually cooler in cloth, as long as you don't use a plastic wrap. PUL is 1ºC cooler than plastic, and wool and fleece wraps even cooler, as the evaporation which j=happens when nappies can breath, result in cooling!

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Lynni » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:19 pm

I've added fleece liners today and her skin has been drier, so thank you! >:D< She has lasted a little longer between changes today as well, she bf 2-2.5 hrs during the day and I've been changing her approx at the same time.... would it be possible for her to go longer or is this ok with a cloth bum?
Her skin is dryer but its marked (not red but wrinkly like she has been in the bath too long) like she has been wet for a very long time, is this normal?

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat