hf1

To buy or not to buy?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

To buy or not to buy?

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:17 am

OK, I don't need any more nappies, but am thinking this little one could have something ...

Anyway in my shopping basket is

A MEOS bamboo (I quite like MEOS as have 10 :oops: )
size 1 fluffle (got 2 x size 2's which are OK, but I might need something super quick drying and cuddly bum for new baby)
med fuzzi in zoo print (believe it or not I have never even seen a fuzzi let alone try one but its quite expensive ...)
Diddy diaper (aplix size 1) - dh likes velcro even though have trained him in nippas!
micro diddy diaper (size 1 no fastening)

OK if I'm honest I don't really have a budget and am thinking of just getting the BMEOS, and one of each diddy and not the rest but I could always sneak in everything else.

Talk me into it or out of it :lol:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:43 am

go on you know you want too

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: You pushed me too far beck - its all your fault when my credit card bill comes in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok I have ordered (so far :oops: )

2 Bam MEOS,
1 popper fluffle size 1
1 micro diddy diaper (nippa)
1 zoo print med fuzzi & insert
1 petit red fuzzi & insert

I got free postage and rainbow nappies closing down are really cheap esp for the bam MEOS - just hoping they have it all in stock and I get it in time for my next nappy wash!

Ok now for the next dilema, with nappy mania I need to spend £15 for free p&p.

I'm getting a diddy diaper (nippa), 2 bamboo MEOS snap liners BUT what size tots stripy fleece wrap shall I go for a size 1 or 2. I'm thinking it might be a while before we start planning to go through the night and boosting makes everything a size bigger, or shall I just treat it to a stripy size 1 and consider wool and red wrap size 2 when I know how much we all sleep?

Annette (and I had promised no more questions today :? )

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:17 am

Looks like a good little shopping list :D :D :wink:

I started doing 'night nappies' at around 2 months. I would change him at his 11pm feed then not again until morning even if he woke. I used boosted tb at this stage (found them too big in the day anyway!!). At least I knew that he would be ok to go through on the odd occasion that he actually slept through! Never go ton with fleece so not sure what to suggest. I know the size 1 red fleece I had didn't work when I tried at a few weeks old!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:40 am

I would definately wait for the fleece and wool until a few months old. You can get compression wicking with both and I know that Charlotte slept in one position for a long time without moving when she was young so I wouldn't want to risk it, especially the fleece. Wool is better as it does have some waterproofing but the problem is that it is pretty expensive and they grow so fast. I would wait until lo at least fits into a medium or large to get your moneys worth out of them.

I definately just used day nappies for the first couple of months and then as Tory said around 2/3 months I started to leave her, even if she woke - it was basically when she stopped pooing in the night, so started just adding boosters to her day nappies - so then had to move to the larger wraps. Then around 4/5 months was when I looked at getting specific night nappies and fleece and wool.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:45 am

Thanks for the advice,

I did go for a fleece wrap in size 1 - mainly for the cute factor and to be honest at the moment I beginning to think that sleeping through the night even for me at the moment is a long lost memory.

Now just to sneak the fluffy post past dh, but also to teach him how to use them, at least there will be less folding for him - but how many nappies will I let him change :roll: That's my hobby - may be just the pooey ones :wink:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:51 am

Annette78 wrote:Now just to sneak the fluffy post past dh, but also to teach him how to use them, at least there will be less folding for him - but how many nappies will I let him change :roll: That's my hobby - may be just the pooey ones :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good plan!!!

Snap Annette, Louis was about 4/5 months too when I got in my stuffies and bumbles and huggle for night!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat