hf1

Help me PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEE!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Help me PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEE!

Postby beck » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:21 pm

I'm really struggling with cloth at the moment and 60% of the time we're using disp :evil: I hate them with a passion! William is really suffering from a horrible reaction to them :( everytime I put him in them after a few days a ulcery thing starts around the eye of his penis (Some might remember the Staf infection he got there when it got really bad a while ago) So I put him back in disp and it goes down instantly :cry: I love my cloth but dont feel I can put him through that pain anymore, he screams in pain everytime he wee's.

I've tried stripping them, washing with no powder, all natural detergent and only use water and cotton to wash after each change (wipes seem to irriate it more) and just cant seem to get around it. He's never had this kind of problem before its only started in the last 3-4months. Last night I was racking my brain for something that we've changed or done differently and the only thing I can come too is that it started after we got our Front Loader washer but surely thats not it! But it did go through my mind that maybe its not washing them properly :?

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Help me PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEE!

Postby nicola g » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:24 pm

awww poor William >:D<

mmm i would suggest giving them a few more rinses then if you think it could be with the front loader ohh sorry i dont know what else to suggest :? maybe trying a fleece/paper liner?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:30 pm

Could you try washing them in a neighbour's top loader just once to rule out it being something to do with your front loader? Obviously if that is your problem then I don't know what to suggest since you've forked out so much cash on the front loader, but at least then you'd know. Not much of a helpful response I know :(

>:D< >:D<

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:36 pm

I might take them up to MIL's and give them a go in her washer. FIL will probably have a tanty but raspberries to him! He worries about there being poop left over and it getting on his clothes (yes he really is that big of a child) I remind him that its a washing machine and that its job to get rid of dirt and things but it just goes over his head :roll: :roll:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Don't front loaders use less water than top loaders? Maybe try manually adding more water when the machine runs it's rinse cycle. That way you know that they're being washed properly any detergent residues are being washed out thoroughly. Not much help, but could be worth a try? Poor little thing - it sounds horrid for him. >:D<

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:43 pm

Just had another thought Beck, well actually DP suggested it.
You were talking a while back about getting William circumcised...did you get it done in the end? If so, it might have just exposed more sensitive parts of his penis. Or if you didn't get it done maybe it is something to consider after all.

Also, is he teething at the minute? My niece had terrible, terrible problems when she was teething, she ended up with her whole nappy area covered in a horrible ulcer type rash it went on for a few months, poor thing, and around her mouth as well. It was really nasty herpes/coldsore type blisters. She also lost A LOT of weight. I'm not sure how they solved it in the end but I'll ask SIL for some advice and pass it on.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:44 pm

>:D< >:D< Hope you can find a solution >:D< >:D< Sorry, i cant think of anything else to suggest other than to keep rinsing them :? :?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:46 pm

beck wrote:FIL will probably have a tanty but raspberries to him! He worries about there being poop left over and it getting on his clothes (yes he really is that big of a child) I remind him that its a washing machine and that its job to get rid of dirt and things but it just goes over his head :roll: :roll:

:roll: :roll:
maybe wash them in your machine first, just to remove everything, and then take them over once they're 'clean'

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:53 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:Just had another thought Beck, well actually DP suggested it.
You were talking a while back about getting William circumcised...did you get it done in the end? If so, it might have just exposed more sensitive parts of his penis. Or if you didn't get it done maybe it is something to consider after all.

Also, is he teething at the minute? My niece had terrible, terrible problems when she was teething, she ended up with her whole nappy area covered in a horrible ulcer type rash it went on for a few months, poor thing, and around her mouth as well. It was really nasty herpes/coldsore type blisters. She also lost A LOT of weight. I'm not sure how they solved it in the end but I'll ask SIL for some advice and pass it on.

Yes we did get him circumcised but I dont know if that would be the problem though. I think back to years ago when all little boys in Australia were circumcised and there was only cloth nappies available I'm sure this kind of thing didn't happen all the time. And if it is that then why has it only happened now as he was done at 5 weeks old. You've got me thinking now!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat