hf1

Help me PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEE!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Help me PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEE!

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Ah, ok sorry, I didn't realise it was that long ago. Probably unrelated at this stage.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:55 pm

>:D< >:D< >:D< have you tried treating it with fungal cream? The only reason I suggest it is we have been getting horrible blisters looking things which are white and even excema looking skin in places, at first I thought it was the wraps rubbing in the same area for the excema type skin. But after 2 days of applying daktacort (don't know what it would be called in Oz, but it is sold for atheletes foot etc with 2% something and 1% something if you don't get a prescription for it and is the same thing) and a layer of bepanthen (or probably any nappy cream on the top) it has started to go down. I always keep washing my nappies at 60 degrees as fungal seems to be reoccuring with Ben's bum, and we are literally slapping it on at every change, some of it has gone, some hasn't, but it will be about another fortnight before we start easing up on the creams. I am also making sure I am rotating the types of nappies next to his skin, so have found simple g diapers a godsend at first to clear up some places.

Have you looked at your machine instructions to find out how much water it is using - it probably says, and perhaps try a double wash all the time?

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby jules070603 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:01 pm

Beck, just want to say that I think our new washer may have something to do with my nappies being smellier. No idea what I can do about it but it seems to tie in with when they started to smell.

Like you say though, you can think about it too much and maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree too :roll:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:47 pm

Trouble with the more modern 'efficient' washing machines is they use less water than the older models - so nappies don't come out as clean and may need an extra rinse each cycle...

I'm quite lucky on our machine it has an 'extra rinse' option which I use for every wash regardless of what type of wash it is and that helps with rashes etc loads, if I miss it out my eczema flares up as does Isabelle's and she gets nappy rash...

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:00 pm

Oh dear Beck, sounds awful for him and you. That was the reason i took Evie out of cloth night nappies as her rashes were terrible, very blistery and sore and like you in disps she doesn't get them. I feel awful that we are using them at all as i loved cloth (still do) but i reason it's only one a night and she's sooo much more comfier with no awful sore bad rash all over her fairy. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat