hf1

A physical shop

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: A physical shop

Postby charlibunny » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:55 pm

There used to be one loacal to me. It closed down within a year. It sold buggies/bumbo/cots etc too...

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby jules070603 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:56 pm

I'd LOVE to have a little baby shop and would sell cloth nappies if I ever did.

I can't see it happening though as my brain kicks in and says it just wouldn't be viable, people round here just aren't interested in cloth and I'd never have any time off from it.

It would be lovely to be able to shop IRL though, although as everyone says, it'd have to be really competitive as everyone I know compares shop prices with the net.

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:05 pm

Ita a shame - bricks and mortar costs are so high that I cant see a nappy shop making money. The local agent demonstrating nappies does seem to work - and that way you can see them before you buy.

And lucky you being able to visit Nappiesby Minki!

My avatar
lacemakingmum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby lacemakingmum » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:33 pm

I saw some nappies in Green baby but wasn't that impressed as they didn't have much.

I've also seen a lady on Greenwich market who sold nappies and slings and I did buy some from her as it was lovely to be able to see them prior to buying (i think they were slightly more than the internet but not much). A market type stall might be a better way forward as the O/h's would be lower

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:39 pm

Thats mad as we discussed a market stall last night.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:10 pm

I would love a nappy shop, but again just dont think it would be viable in todays marketplace where everything online is cheaper :( The only way I can see it working is for some of the bigger shops like Mothercare (who sell cloth online) to bring the products into store and actually educate and train their staff about cloth.

I was told about a market stall in Belfast that used to sell cloth, never managed to get up to see it and not sure its even there anymore, but certainly a good place to start selling cloth if you were interested in doing it as setup and running costs would be minimal when compared to a real shop.

Sadie xx

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat