I've been converted to ...........

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

I've been converted to ...........

Postby jan3182001 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:42 pm

fitteds!!

When i first started using cloth - i bought AIO's as they seemed easier especially with 2 using them, after a few months I was seduced by the pretty pocket nappies available - so now have quite a few of these aswell. :oops:
I never thought i'd like fitteds - having to fasten two things on baby, bulky, long time to dry, etc.

BUUUUT recently SIL bought some for her baby, and reading about Hanna's made me think maybe I should try them....

So I make one from BV - not greatly impressed with the fit[bit big] so i made another yesterday and a wrap from some cotton pul fabric. DD3 wore it overnight - i did add extra stuffing though i doubt if it really needed it. Very impressed with its absorbtion - no chance of any leaks - i was just annoyed i didn't have another fitted ready to use with the wrap!!!

Now i'm waiting on more lastin to make some more fitteds, i've made another, smaller, wrap today but now need to find somewhere that sell FOE cheaply 'cause i've run out of that too. :roll:

The original fitted and wrap were going to be for SIL but as they were far too big for a newborn - I was forced to try them on my dd, :twisted: .

Looks like i've another addiction developing for fitteds and wraps now :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: I've been converted to ...........

Postby nicola g » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:47 pm

yay :wine:

Im liking fitteds too, i always thought they were far too bulky but when i tried them they are just as slim as my pockets :D

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:53 pm

just as slim as my pockets

that's one of the thing that put me off thinking fitteds would be bulky and clothes not fit.
but the bv is quite thin not like cotton terry :)

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:55 pm

:wine:
Same here i love them.
I started with pockets thinking i'd never use fitteds.
Now i have loads of fiteds :hohoho: esp FF i love them. Also loving wool atm too.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:11 pm

Yay :wine: :wine:

I looooove my fitteds with wool, given the choice i always choose my fitteds over my pockets! I started out with Fitteds and wraps which were ok but then discovered pretty pockets so started using pockets more, but now since discovering wool and pretty Fitteds, they are now my firm favourites :D :D

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Me too - Bella has been wearing fitteds and wool for the last 10 days due to nasty teething bum rash :( And they have worked wonderfully.

I keep looking at pretty fitteds, but I really don't see the point in them as they will defo be covered. Most of mine are very boring.

I am really loving pretty woollens, and if my DH didn't keep a tight reign, I would be spending loads on new woollies :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:39 pm

We're using fitteds and wool 90% of the time too. I love pretty woolies too, have got quite a few items on the way and I still want to buy more. :lol:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:43 pm

Yay, I'm a firm fan of fitteds too. They just seem more reliable than pockets somehow.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:45 pm

tanya2007 wrote:I keep looking at pretty fitteds, but I really don't see the point in them as they will defo be covered. Most of mine are very boring.

They're fun to put on, and they look nice hanging up to dry!

I started with fitteds and never thought I'd use pockets, but now I'm about 60/40 fitteds and (minkee!!) pockets. Fitteds are waaaaay more reliable - maybe I just don't change them often enough but Lili always gets wet around the legs with pockets, whereas with a good wrap we never get leaks with fitteds. :mrgreen:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat