hf1

How many wraps...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

How many wraps...

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:14 pm

Okay so I KNOW this question has been answered before but I have tons of fitteds but don't think I have enough wraps...

How many and what size should I have?

I'd ideally like lots of weenotions wraps but there aren't any tiny preloved ones around...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: How many wraps...

Postby flutterby » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:17 pm

Hmm well Jak has 3, and it isn't enough, I think 5 would be good, I really need to order him some more!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:20 pm

I only used fitteds on Ben in the beginning and had about 8 small wraps - ME Rikki, Tots and Little Lambs, I don't think we had any fancy small ones, I left that to the mediums which I figured would last longer, as it happened I ended up selling these on without using them much as we moved to pockets!

If I was you, I would just have a couple of xs ones and then about 6 smalls. Remember they wash and dry really quickly, you only have to change them in the day if they get soiled and fc your little girl is going to be too big for the xs anyway :wink: I have never used xs and mine were 7lb 4oz and 7lb 15oz so not huge.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:22 pm

When Katie was tiny she would poo at every feed and a lot of the time the wrap got dirty too. I had about 10 wraps which was just about enough with doing a nappy wash every day.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:23 pm

Oh and as for sizes, Summer used small nature babies multiwraps from 7lb, and they fitted well, then went into medium WNs wraps at about 9lb, she still doesn't fit in her medium ME wrap!

I didn't want to spend loads on small wraps as I didn't think they'd last long ( I was wrong, they still fit now) hence getting nature babies as they are realtively cheap for pretty nappies, and I fell in love with he orange flowers print, they also work with prefolds and I think you have some so that may be good too! Then you can move onto medium WN wraps as they will last much longer, Summer is still on the tightest snaps on hers!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:24 pm

I used 8 in the smallest size on Harriet and found that was just enough as I that I regularly had poo leakage onto the inside of the wraps. When she weaned then I had around 6.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:25 pm

We managed with just 3 - luckily they never got pooey so I'd hand wash them and air dry every day on non nappy-wash days. 6 would have been much better when we were just using fitteds, otherwise 4 for using a mix of fitteds and pockets.

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:26 pm

At the mo we have 5 and that's enough. For a newborn i would suggest more,Maybe 8 small.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:28 pm

I got on with 5 size 1 Tots Bots wraps when Iris was a newborn (she was an ounce under 9lb at birth) - I found that enough, although I was washing every other day. I did have 3 small Rikki wraps, but just didn't reach for them as I couldn't get on with folding the muslins they'd been bought to cover. And they would have been tiny on her very quickly. I did add to my wrap stash quickly once I discovered pretty wraps. :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat