Sell what I can and go shopping later!
63%

Total votes : 8
My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:48 am

Yeah, now you come to mention it - if you have a girl you will be wanting a whole new nappy wardrobe :lol: BUT what if you have another boy - they will come in handy, no?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:55 am

Charliemum wrote:Yeah, now you come to mention it - if you have a girl you will be wanting a whole new nappy wardrobe :lol: BUT what if you have another boy - they will come in handy, no?

Yes, that is my quandary!!! Maybe I should sell most and have lots of positive thinking!!!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:12 am

clothmama wrote:
HannahBanana wrote:Just sell a couple and make sure any new one syou buy can be unisex! that's what I have done :D

I can do that but do you really think that after 2 boys if I get a girl I won't be having pink on EVERYTHING :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :twisted: :!: I'll be selling everything if its a girl I reckon!!

I say sell half just incase. then if you do have a girl sell the lot! lol You know the rules of sods law... if you got rid of them all you know you'd have another boy!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:13 am

we all know when it boils down to it we'd buy new nappies for the new baby, it's just more justifiable to say your getting unisex ones now ready for the next!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:39 am

That's true. I really really can't justify any new nappies, but if I make sure they are unisex, they will do another baby won't they - trouble is, I think I need to have at least 3 or 4 to make sure I save any money.

Although that said, I save heaps on disposable wipes and sanitary thingys which I probably wouldn't have considered if it hadn't been for cloth nappies.

And as Shevi said, I don't smoke, I don't drink (alot :wink: ), we don't get out much :lol: so if this is my only vice then it can't be that bad can it?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:07 am

Its a bit less in the uk I know but I could buy almost a nappy a week or a pocket a fortnight and still be saving money! My 1st 6 months only cost me £30 so I have no guilt financially at all!! Just need to convince dh of that!!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:39 pm

I voted to sell them but would probably only sell half and keep the ones I really loved. IF the next little one is a girl you know you'll want pink girly whirly ones :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:20 pm

I voted keep...

I'm also sooooooooo over (only some tho') my 2parts... I still love my bambineo/bambinex bamboo nippa nappies and my cotton tots nippa but I'm so over my bamboozles but I can't help feeling that selling won't fund the same number needed of new nappies and I'll get plenty of use out of them for the next baby...

Best bet is probably sell half - the ones you're more disenchanted with and keep the best ones...

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat