hf1

Fuzzi Bunz washing help please!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Fuzzi Bunz washing help please!

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:28 pm

HI all, just got through my fuzzi's today after collecting them from post office.

What temp can you wash them at - a quick look had a label on the inside saying 35 oc - but the US site says 'hot'. I believe Bg's say hot and 60.

Mostly I do 60 as I have 2 children sharing them, but sometimes a 40 here and there. Will 60 damage them long term and should I stick at 40 - if it makes a difference they are zoo print and red.

Thanks, Annette

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:26 pm

Hi Annette,

I wash all my nappies together sometimes at 40 sometimes at 60 and it doesn't seem to affect the fuzzies. However I've only been using cloth forth a couple of months so I don't know if there would be long term damage.

Gisele

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:44 pm

Thanks, looks like I will be treating them like all the other nappies!

Annette

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:53 pm

Annette, I've been using my med Fuzzis for a year just about now and i always wash at 60 or 50 and I've never had a problem, they all look really good still (except one that I bought 2nd hand which now that I've seen how mine look must have been used on at least 2 kids before!!! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: not such a bargain!!). They are normal PUL so I can't understand why they put that on the label!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:34 am

I just wash mine with all the others and havent noticed any difference. I think from when the FB lady came out she said something about the high temps do affect the nappy after a while but I think thats if you were to do a hot hot wash everytime.

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:04 am

I wash them at 60 and nothing hideous has happened yet. I noticed the 35 degree thing today actually - never looked at it before! You're probably safe to just ignore it.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:43 am

Thank you all for the reassurance - they are normal nappies :o

Em - what were you doing up so late / early?

Annette

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:48 am

Ruby cluster feeds from when Isaac goes to bed at 8 til about midnight, so I just stay up til her 3am feed, and get everything done (washing, tidying, cleaning, paying bills, ironing etc), otherwise it just doesn't happen.

My avatar
sford1978
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sford1978 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:47 am

one of the sites (Babykind?) recommends washing at 40. I wash mine at 40 with the occassional 60 just to get rid of any nasties lurking.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat