hf1

Grrrr pockets and leaking! **UPDATED**

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Grrrr pockets and leaking! **UPDATED**

Postby nic1 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:29 am

:x I SOOOOO want pockets to work for us and some do, but others seem to leak and not sure where i am going wrong. :?

Fuzzis and BG's never had a problem with. Fuzzis only ever leaked if i had left on far too long. Don't think my BG has ever leaked. It seems to be my most reliable nappy

Got a pocket weenotions about 3 weeks ago, the surfer dude one. I love the print, nappy made sooo well, adjustable leg elastic etc. Even got there WN insert with it. This morning it leaked and i had even wrapped a mf cloth around the WN insert too. I am sooo gutted :( The nappy was quite alot of money with the insert too and i am reluctant to sell it but may just have to if we can't get it to work for us. May resort back to loads of 2 parters, after i got rid of most of mine in favour of pockets. DH only used pockets and was hoping they would work for us but seems some aren't doing.
Even had leaking probs with my pocket bots too :cry: Will try the ones i have again today and see how we fair. Wonder if i need to stuff with better boosting :?
Will see how we get on today :?
Last edited by nic1 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:37 am

Nic, Are your weenotions ones cotton pul or are they a polyester like fuzzis and bg's? This makes a HUGE difference imho. Cotton ones just arn't as reliable so that could be the reason that you don't have probs with the fuzzis and bg's and do with them. Ditto if you have cotton prints in PB's. I don't even bother buying pockets that are cotton (although do have a PB on the way :wink: ) they just leak too much except for light wetters. Re Weenotions Pockets I've heard that they do leak for quite a few people, not tried them myself! hths

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:47 am

clothmama wrote:Nic, Are your weenotions ones cotton pul or are they a polyester like fuzzis and bg's? This makes a HUGE difference imho. Cotton ones just arn't as reliable so that could be the reason that you don't have probs with the fuzzis and bg's and do with them. Ditto if you have cotton prints in PB's. I don't even bother buying pockets that are cotton (although do have a PB on the way :wink: ) they just leak too much except for light wetters. Re Weenotions Pockets I've heard that they do leak for quite a few people, not tried them myself! hths

The weenotion i had that leaked on me this morning is a lycra outer, here's the bit on it i have copied and pasted from the site:

POCKET - Surfer Dude
Starting at: £11.75
Outer: Surfer Dude Lycra Type Fabric.
Lycra Type Binding: Navy Lycra Type Fabric.

I sooo want to keep this nappy but if it's not relaiable then it will have to go :(

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:15 am

Oh it must be sooooo frustrating. Where do you think it is leaking from? It it from the legholes? Perhaps the fit around the legs isn't as good as your other pockets.

Or the other thing - perhaps you could try stuffing it with what you stuff your fuzzis and BG with. Could it be that it was overstuffed and left it gappy?

I don't really know the answer but I get the impression that some pockets just don't suit some babies. Have you tried contacting Wee Notions for any suggestions. Wee Notions pockets are adjustable aren't they - could you try it on a different setting?

I do hope you get it to work.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:38 am

They do have adjustable leg elastic, i will try stuffing with the BG insert and see how we get on. I am determined to try and sort problem out if poss. Also may adjust the elastic, seems to be tight enough but not too tight at moment but will check once it's dry. I haven't contacted WN yet. Will give it another go and if we get same problem then will contact them.

Evie had wee running down her leg area, and she felt it as she satrted to look down at her legs and i noticed then what had happened. :?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:47 am

I would try tweaking the leg elastic and see if that can help.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:31 am

Charliemum wrote:I would try tweaking the leg elastic and see if that can help.

Yep think i will try that. Thought it seemed tight enough without being too tight but may just have to tweak and see, trial and error i guess. Also going to try it with a BG insert to see how it fairs then. Thanks for all these suggestions.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:50 am

Well gave the weenotions pocket another whirl this morning and it was fine. Used the BG insert with a mf cloth folded into 3 on top and in between the outer part of material and the BG insert i also placed part of the wn insert too. Not a leak and was on about 3 hours i think. So i am thinking it needs more boosting than i was doing before. Lets hope i can keep this lovely nappy. :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:04 pm

That's good news Nic. Hope it continues to work for you.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat