hf1

Do Weenotions ever do sales?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Do Weenotions ever do sales?

Postby rhead » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:01 pm

I'm gutted that the NN aren't included, I'm tempted at getting an embroidered WNOS but i've never had one before so don't know about the fit. I love the BBOS fit, does anyone know how they compare? [/quote]

I guess the main difference is front snapping vs. SS/velcro, so you don't get the waist/leg adjustment of a side snap. I think they're much trimmer than Blueberries, and we just don't seem to get the wetness around the legs (unless I leave her in them for ages :lol:). They don't seem to work for everyone, but I LOVE them!

lollipoplizzie wrote:DD has been in disposables since Sun and rash still not gone so feel slightly more confident that it isn't cloth causing it. Will be getting new washing machine tomorrow, can't wait to get her back into her Ittis, these Pampers are just disgusting, they smell toxic, I keep thinking she's done a poo when she hasn't. When she does actually do a poo it absolutely reeeeeeks, most of the time in cloth I really have to give her a good sniff but not in Pampers. Today I had the rain cover on the pram and when I took it off the stench was enough to make me chunder!

I know, when I had Lili in 'sposies (because of the antibiotics and the staining from the gentian violet), I couldn't believe how much they STANK. People seem to think cloth is stinky, but the chemicals in 'sposies are 100 times nastier than just plain wee! Hope your DD's rash clears up soon, it's terrible isn't it? :hug:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:15 pm

Lollypoplizzie, id go for it. Get a WNOS, just a plain one in a colour you Lurve and if its not working out sell it on :)

xxx

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:55 pm

Rhead I see that it suggests getting the poppers for the WNOS, but I really like the velcro on BBOS because it means there's never any issue with the fit. Have you had any problems with the poppers? DDs rash has really calmed down, no open sores, a bit of dryness around the thighs still, but the red pin-pricks are still there. I've got a Dr appointment tomorrow for her, I'm thinking it must be something that needs attention but who knows. I think when I put her back in cloth I'm going to use a paper liner on top of the fleece liner so that I can use Sudocrem as it seems to have kept her bum very clear.

Happytails I think I'm going to get embroidery, if I get a WNOS I'll have to go all out to make it totally special as it's going to be a one off purchase. I wish I hadn't just got a cow BBOS because I could've got a much cheaper cow velboa WNOS. Mind you, I do HEART my BBOS cow, so lush, my most favourite nappy!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Glad she's looking a bit better - hopefully the doc will say it's nothing, but (s)he might be able to give you something to hit it a bit harder...

I'd go for the WNOS as well, lol - if it makes you feel any better the velboa is definitely not as lush as minkee! I don't have any problems with fit, though I know not everyone gets on with them. Also, I only started with pockets when Lili was around 9 months (and WNOS's a bit later), so I don't have any experience with smaller babies. Don't forget you can popper them asymmetrically, so you can get pretty good adjustment, and the advice someone gave (can't remember where!) about keeping them on the lower rise setting as long as possible seems to be working with us (no gapping around the legs). Go on, you know you want one. :wink:

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Thank you put an order in :)

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:34 pm

Can't decide...think I'm going to get two pockets but which?? Oh the choices

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks Suzanne. I've ordered three pockets for bump. :D :D :D :D

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:15 pm

Blimey I was expecting some orders but not this many :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks everyone :wine:

My avatar
lucylou0417
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lucylou0417 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:17 pm

I still cant decide suzanne you have so much lovely stuff :D
Lucyx

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat